Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Black Heart

Nikachelle
Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Re: The Black Heart

Discus wrote:Can I just clarify – does this trinket only drop in normal mode or heroic mode too? I’m going to have trouble getting guildies to run normal with me until it drops but everyone wants to run heroic.


It only drops on normal.
Jasari
Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:11 pm

Re: The Black Heart

There are several other decent trinkets that drop off normal though so it's usually pretty easy to find a pug if worst comes to worst.
smeej
Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: The Black Heart

A tip for farming trinkets: If only one person is in the instance when the initial fight begins, the announcer only announces that person before the mobs start slowly walking out. Then you can have everyone else zone in. It saves you about a minute, which when speed farming a 10 minute (tops) instance, is a lot.

Also, you can have the party zone out after you dismount the champions and they'll reset and group themselves up for you instead of making you try to pick up aggro.
steadypal
Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Re: The Black Heart

is black hearts 50sec ICD proc better than stam trinket off of yogg 10? dang i need to macro my two stam trinkets to use their use effects on CD, cause im horrible at remembering to use them..
Spectrum
Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: The Black Heart

I'm generally running one stamina trinket and one avoidance trinket because I have more than enough stamina for most 10-man stuff, especially if we're not doing hard modes. I'm split on my JC trinket vs this one. I think I'm going to switch to this, as it will free up another JC gem to put in another slot.

steadypal wrote:is black hearts 50sec ICD proc better than stam trinket off of yogg 10? dang i need to macro my two stam trinkets to use their use effects on CD, cause I'm horrible at remembering to use them..


I took the advice of someone else on this board and bound my JC trinket to my Shield of Righteousness with a macro. That way I'll basically always use it when it's up and only in combat. With a 1 minute cooldown I'll get the best use of it if I just use it every time it's up, and occasionally proccing it when I'm not being targeted or right before a mob dies is probably better than forgetting to use it as much as I did.