Skip to content
Maintankadin

Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide Discussion Thread.

Sako_CR
Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Re: Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide Discussion Thread.

Ratanna:

Do you plan to update your list with 3.1 items?

Thx :D
Ratanna
Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide Discussion Thread.

sure maybe when we're not raiding i will do it at work or something.

check out my armory though got 3pc. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Ratanna

How are those block tanks doing in Ulduar?

edit: nm armory is broken not displaying tier8
kensanity
Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:33 pm

Re: Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide Discussion Thread.

Ratanna, like you I do not feel as if block value is a very strong progression stat. Personally, I feel much more comfortable stacking stamina and pure avoidance. HOwever, in my "main tanking" set, I have roughly 100.5% avoidance or so, and my gearing is almost EXACTLY like yours. Do you find yourself posed with the same problem and what are your thoughts on the missing 2 % avoidance tradeoff? i.e. I can easily switch any slot for a block piece and be "block-capped", but is that more viable than what i have now?
Petrus
Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide Discussion Thread.

In a raid setting, you'll probably be block capped. I wear Dragon Brood Legguards most of the time now, but I have Greaves of Turbulence to block cap me if I don't have a DK or Shaman with me. I'm sitting around 100.2% with DBL and 103.5% with Greaves.

Strength of Earth totem and Horn of Winter give not just Strength but Agility as well - and that Agil gives somewhere around 2% avoidance (may be more or less depending on your current amount of dodge).
kensanity
Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:12 am

Re: Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide Discussion Thread.

Petrus wrote:In a raid setting, you'll probably be block capped. I wear Dragon Brood Legguards most of the time now, but I have Greaves of Turbulence to block cap me if I don't have a DK or Shaman with me. I'm sitting around 100.2% with DBL and 103.5% with Greaves.

Strength of Earth totem and Horn of Winter give not just Strength but Agility as well - and that Agil gives somewhere around 2% avoidance (may be more or less depending on your current amount of dodge).



petrus thanks for that, actually i heard tehre is a new macro to cehck block cap, i've been using the one since BC so maybe i'm more off than i think. Actually, i got the 10 man t8 pants the other day but i already have the malygos pants. What do you think is better?
Petrus
Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:42 am

Re: Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide Discussion Thread.

10man T8 pants are better. Check the loot list!

Also, I got my macro off of Tankspot somewhere.
CircuAuchindoun
Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide Discussion Thread.

Would I be asking too much to have it posted here, for my impressively lazy self.
Repartee
Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Re: Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide Discussion Thread.

Code: Select all
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*0.20333)*0.04,1,0.5,0)


Block cap macro, enjoy.
CircuAuchindoun
Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide Discussion Thread.

many thanks.
Alucard
Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:43 am

Re: Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide Discussion Thread.

Ratanna, do you have already made your WL ? WL without hard mode and one with it maybe.

Thank you for your advice, i follow your way for my doing in Ulduar.
Sputterduck
Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide Discussion Thread.

Repartee wrote:
Code: Select all
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*0.20333)*0.04,1,0.5,0)


Block cap macro, enjoy.

Is this still 3.2 accurate? I don't think anything about 3.2 would have changed the accuracy, but just making sure