Skip to content
Maintankadin

Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

towelliee
Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

We have a few BS on Detheroc that can craft them. I ended up spending DKP for 6 runed orbs and I bought the rest at 1150 each on AH which was a steal.
halabar
Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

Barathorn wrote:I don't mind paying out for something BiS now if it helps me be a better tank for our Guild. I don't really need the belt or boots for our current progression, but why not have them if you can afford them :).


I agree to a point. If the rest of the guild was putting that level of effort, then I wouldn't mind. But.. when the dps is constantly asking for mats out of the Gbank, and admit they are too lazy to farm, why exactly should I spend 12k+ on a tanking upgrade to protect their lazy asses? There are about 8 of us with all the cash we need, and the rest who talk about "some day" having their peic flyer... :roll:
Nikachelle
Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

halabar wrote:
Barathorn wrote:I don't mind paying out for something BiS now if it helps me be a better tank for our Guild. I don't really need the belt or boots for our current progression, but why not have them if you can afford them :).


I agree to a point. If the rest of the guild was putting that level of effort, then I wouldn't mind. But.. when the dps is constantly asking for mats out of the Gbank, and admit they are too lazy to farm, why exactly should I spend 12k+ on a tanking upgrade to protect their lazy asses? There are about 8 of us with all the cash we need, and the rest who talk about "some day" having their peic flyer... :roll:


I guess I don't look at it from that perspective. I look at it from how I can make myself better by any means possible. If I have the cash, and I have the ability to hunt down resources to make my own gear better, why would I not do that? The gold in my bank sure isn't going to pay my rent, I might as well pay for the mats/item I want in order to be the best that my character can be.

I couldn't give a rats arse if the dps don't want to spend the money on top of the lines crafted gear, so long as they have appropriate gear for their progression content. My effort into my character does not relate to the effort others put in. So I don't correlate their actions towards upgrades with my own.

I sure don't *need* the boots or belt for 10 man Ulduar, but I'm also not going to pass them up just because others can't be bothered to do the same.

Errr guess I could've just said I agree with Barathorn.
Barathorn
Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:27 am

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

halabar wrote:
Barathorn wrote:I don't mind paying out for something BiS now if it helps me be a better tank for our Guild. I don't really need the belt or boots for our current progression, but why not have them if you can afford them :).


I agree to a point. If the rest of the guild was putting that level of effort, then I wouldn't mind. But.. when the dps is constantly asking for mats out of the Gbank, and admit they are too lazy to farm, why exactly should I spend 12k+ on a tanking upgrade to protect their lazy asses? There are about 8 of us with all the cash we need, and the rest who talk about "some day" having their peic flyer... :roll:


We have people that get to play maybe for 2 hours every 3 days, we help them because they have family considerations and things outside wow that are far more important. We don't really have any slackers, if people don't have gear relevant to the current raid then they don't raid that night until they do. We made this clear from the start and everyone is happy, some people new to 80 know they aren't going to get in the progression night team, so they don't sign up until they have run the Naxx starter nights a few times and got geared up.

Sounds like a few of your guild members need a kick up the arse to me halabar. As a guild if we have the mats in the gbank we offer half of what the enchant needs to members who need help with stuff, otherwise it just sits there like the 120 void crystals we have. I don't mind puttin in that amount of effort, because I have that amount of time spare currently, I appreciate others don't. However if your guildmembers in question just hang in a capital and spam trade and won't farm, tell them to GTFO tbh.

Getting back to the belt, I now have 3 runed orbs, got another one at 1300g. So hopefully it is just a matter of time now before I get the belt.

Barathorn
halabar
Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

Barathorn wrote:Sounds like a few of your guild members need a kick up the arse to me halabar. As a guild if we have the mats in the gbank we offer half of what the enchant needs to members who need help with stuff, otherwise it just sits there like the 120 void crystals we have. I don't mind puttin in that amount of effort, because I have that amount of time spare currently, I appreciate others don't. However if your guildmembers in question just hang in a capital and spam trade and won't farm, tell them to GTFO tbh.


Nikachelle wrote:
I guess I don't look at it from that perspective. I look at it from how I can make myself better by any means possible. If I have the cash, and I have the ability to hunt down resources to make my own gear better, why would I not do that? The gold in my bank sure isn't going to pay my rent, I might as well pay for the mats/item I want in order to be the best that my character can be.

I couldn't give a rats arse if the dps don't want to spend the money on top of the lines crafted gear, so long as they have appropriate gear for their progression content. My effort into my character does not relate to the effort others put in. So I don't correlate their actions towards upgrades with my own.

I sure don't *need* the boots or belt for 10 man Ulduar, but I'm also not going to pass them up just because others can't be bothered to do the same.

Errr guess I could've just said I agree with Barathorn.


Well, an update.. :D I had an open talk with the GM, another officer (yes I am one), the bear MT and a few other guildies listening in. The decision was that the guild would kick in 3 orbs, and whoever wanted something crafted would need to supply the pattern and the other mats. (Tanks and healers first). I think it's reasonable, as the guild is contributing part (we don't have enough orbs for the guild to kick in 6 for everyone), and I'm not blowing all my cash on tanking upgrades. So once I gather 3 orbs and buy the pattern, it's a done deal. Now I just need to explain what the deal is to the EMO-EGO-DK, and tell him that this applies to him as well, and that he should split the cost of the pattern with me (since he is MTing our early 10-man group, and he thinks he's the 25-man MT :roll: ).

Regarding spending the gold, I have no problem with that, and often have bought upgrades early (Signet of Winter a good example). But I just couldn't justify the current cost (at ~1500/orb) of doing it all myself to support a group where half the raiders are constantly broke, and where the summer flakiness is setting in.
rokkon
Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

Wow I thought 2k for an orb on our server was bad but it seems that's low compared to some servers.

I spent the gold to buy 5 orbs and the other mats then picked up the 6th last night with emblems. Finally got my belt created :D The orbs have been somewhat a topic of drama in my guild so I opted out of taking any guild orbs.

But I'll have to start saving again for the vendor mammoth mount :?