Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gems and Enchantments: A short guide

Stunned
Fri May 02, 2008 3:55 pm
Ok someone help me here cause for some reason I cant figure out the conversion between my current pants Defense Rating and the Pants im going to be switching into....


Current Pants have 43 Defense Rating
The Ones I will be Switching over to have 35 Defense Rating


Currently I have 500 Defense

So what I am trying to figure out is how much Defense im going to lose by switching.
mustangofold
Sat May 03, 2008 6:15 am
You lose 8 defence rating which translates into about 3.33 Defence. So 4 point loss max if it rounds against your favour.
_________________
Stunned
Sat May 03, 2008 7:45 am
Ok ty for the info guys.
Janduin
Tue May 06, 2008 2:50 am
Speaking of Regal Nightseyes, why oh why isn't there a Regal Shadowsong Amethyst gem? I mean wtf Blizzard?
_________________
Paulsadin
Wed May 07, 2008 4:09 am
Hi this is my first time posting on the site,
I want to thank all the contributors to this site, as i have over the past few months used this invaluable information to guide me in my Paladin tanking game.
My question is in relation to OP regarding, Gems and Enchants a short guide,
quote:
Weapon: Mongoose, Major Agility, Major Spellpower, Battlemaster

This definitely falls into the category of enchanting to gear strength. I carry a mitigation weapon (Sun Eater) with Mongoose and a spell power weapon (Amani Punisher) with Major Spellpower. Major Agility is a more consistent option for tanking than Mongoose, giving a static .8% dodge, but seeing Mongoose proc an extra 4.8% dodge for 15 seconds every minute is quite rewarding. Essentially, it's like popping a trinket every minute. Spellpower is a stronger general enchant, giving a significant boost to threat, which is better for nearly 90% of the content you'll be doing. Sun Eater gets pulled out for certain extreme cases, such as Magtheridon's final add. Everything else gets the Gavel. Battlemaster is mentioned because, on certain encounters with AoE damage, the proc can generate a significant amount of threat. It is not a great enchant, by any means, however. Spellpower will generate more threat per second overall than the 1 proc per minute you'd expect out of Battlemaster.

end quote.
I have an issue with Major Agilty as the only enchant i seem to be able to find with Major-Agilty for a weapon is a 2H weapon enchant, and im sure the OP was referring to a one hand enchant as Suneater is mentioned.

Perhaps im missing the enchant by not looking in the right place for it, all i have found is Greater - Agility for a 1H weapon, but in any case i would appreciate some clarity in this regard.

Regards Pauladin.
IIKaeyneII
Thu May 15, 2008 10:01 am
What is your opinion on Executioner on a Paladin tank?
_________________
Kardadethirn <Deaths Vengeance>
0/50/11 11/11 Karazhan 2/2 Gruuls 4/6 ZA
Dunemaul Horde (Blood Elf)
"Why do we have a Paladin tank? He's gonna get one shotted like all of the other healers!"
Sylantrin - Hellscream.
IIKaeyneII
Thu May 15, 2008 10:39 am
Ok, thats what I thought, so I would be better off with 20 agility correct? (I'm using The Sun Eater)
_________________
Kardadethirn <Deaths Vengeance>
0/50/11 11/11 Karazhan 2/2 Gruuls 4/6 ZA
Dunemaul Horde (Blood Elf)
"Why do we have a Paladin tank? He's gonna get one shotted like all of the other healers!"
Sylantrin - Hellscream.
Ciandin
Thu May 15, 2008 11:14 am
You'll be better off picking up a spell damage sword and using that as your main tanking weapon, and only swapping in the sun eater for Prince phase 2 where the extra avoidance is very nice to have
_________________
Thing is if you're using daggers in both hands and Sinister Strike isn't recommended then how would you build combo points?