Skip to content
Maintankadin

MT gear progression

Narcil
Fri May 02, 2008 9:13 am
Itemrack is the only thing that kleeps me sane....helps me sort out all the gear sets....Closet Gnome works too
PapaNasty
Mon May 05, 2008 7:19 pm
I apologise if this has already been discussed in the thread, but just thought I'd mention that the Illidari Runeshield isn't listed in the list of tanking shields to use.

Even with lower block value / stam, the additional armor should give more effective health than Bulwark of the Amani Empire and Aldori Legacy Defender


Antonidas's Aegis of Rapt Concentration isn't listed at all either, but with higher armor / BV it would be compareable to this shield or perhaps better even with the reduced stam

Anywho, might be handy to add it to the list Smile
_________________
Isean
Tue May 06, 2008 4:03 am
I love this thread, I reference it all the time.

Only one thing I would suggest, or would like to see about it. I understand that paladins need 2 sets of armor for 2 different kinds of tanking, you have a AoE tanking set, with high mitigation, and another set with higher avoidance for boss tanking.

So the only thing I would like to see, is this same "ranking" of gear, but broken down into both categories. As it is, I just reference between this page and wowhead and make my own decisions. But 2 lists, one for each armor set type, would be cool.
_________________
Steg
Thu May 08, 2008 3:32 am
As with the Kill of the pre last boss M'uru in SW i think there is another item that needs consideration here

Ring of Hardened Resolve
308 armor
+48 STA

equip: increases defense rating by 32
equip: increases expertise rating by 22
equip: increases the block value of your shield by 42
_________________

Arjuna
Thu May 08, 2008 4:23 am
what about the neck from SSO exalted then? does that fit anywhere?
sucellus
Thu May 08, 2008 5:15 am
I know there are a lot of helms on the list already, but...

I want to throw the suggestion out there for this:
Faceguard of the Endless Watch

It's been my single target tanking helm for ages because the tuskguard hasn't dropped for me yet. It has monster avoidance and defense and although not really designed as a paladin item, works really well.

Now that it's a BoE item it should be possible to get hold of even if your not in a raiding guild or an engineer of course.
_________________
peo1942
Wed May 14, 2008 3:15 am
This is a great thread and I'm glad that you put all the work into sharing some really important issues concerning Paladin tanking gear.

We cleared MH a lot of times and at 5/9 BT now, and I'm sure I'll have a new shield really soon, but I'm not sure what to spend my DKP on. An Illidari runeshield or Archie's shield.

As I'm still using Nightbane's shield, I'll probably roll for the next one, whatever it may be, but I'd like to ask if I'd pass or not on one of those.

Thanks,
sempai@nordrassil-EU
Lieris
Wed May 14, 2008 5:02 am
I disagree somewhat, Archimonde's shield has just as much armour as Illidan's and that's more useful on a tank than on an elemental shaman Razz

You should however pick up the first shield that drops. All those that drop in T6 content are a huge upgrade over the Nightbane shield.
_________________

Morganim
Thu May 22, 2008 7:34 am
Just wondering what everyones opinions on Spaulders of the Thalassian Defender are.

(based more at the pallies in sunwell) But would you guys use this over t6 at all. I look at them now and there probably a nice for aoe tanking (lolhyjal or felmyst) but beside that i really dont see any advantage over t6 especially in sunwell where im already short on dodge
_________________