Agility will never give similar dodge to dodge rating which you seem to be missing. It doesn't work like there's a DR for dodge rating and a DR for agility, It's all Dodge DR. The ratio of avoidance from dodge rating and agility will always be the same no matter how much DR is affecting you.
If you like agility for it's small armor and crit contribution at high levels of avoidance you should like it just as much at low levels of avoidance. _________________
If you want something changed, PM me with the change, I suppose. That might be the most efficient way for me to spot it and not have to check page 3 all the time for updates >.>
That said, I'll update the OP with your new stuff if you've edited it. _________________
cmccad
Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:15 pm
I think that for reaching uncrittable, the Champion's line of gems are preferable to the str/stam that is recommended in the first section. Once uncrittable, then start switching out the str/def gems out for str/stam ones. Also, the guide's discussion for red gems makes no reference to defense, even though the overall gem discussion emphasizes defense and stamina.
Re: List of WotLK Gear Enchants and Gems (Feat. Digren's Gui
What follows is an update to the introductory text and the red gem section. I've updated the commentary slightly, taking into account some of the discussion that's started about red gem options. I also:
1. Eliminated the rare red gems. As far as I can tell they aren't in game yet!
2. Noted some red gem cuts that are supposedly in game but rare.
3. Added the parry and dodge rating options, and combos with stamina.
4. Bolded the best option to make it easier to find.
I didn't add combo defense/dodge or defense/strength gems because, frankly, dodge and strength just aren't all that good compared to stamina and defense rating. If the socket bonus on a piece isn't good, I'd just put a stamina or combo defense/stamina slot in a red slot and stop worrying about it. There's never a diminishing return on stamina, and few people would say they have "enough" for the progression content they're engaged with, so getting at least a little in every gem socket seems like a good idea.
It is not a bad enchant and for a warrior I think it is probably the best choice when looking for an avoidance enchant as they can not get to the block cap and they are advantaged by the faster swings (More HS's or Rage). For Paladins our choice is usually either STR for threat (with some mitigation from BV) or AGI for avoidance (because we can use the avoidance to help us hit the block cap).
Just remember that no matter what people say proc <> mean bad and Mongoose is still a perfectly valid choice for your weapon enchant. _________________
I'd be wary of Mongoose. I'm hearing it suffers from diminishing proc change due to level increases. However, if it doesn't it becomes the best avoidance enchant since a proc is roughly a mini-trinket effect. It's not reliable in a tough spot, but it can come at a handy time or smooth out a rough luck situation. Assuming a hidden CD, then it's extremely useful for instances since the hidden CD will be at least partially consumed between pulls making it more reliable when gearing up.