Skip to content
Maintankadin

Understanding Gear in WotLK (Now with Spreadsheet!) and SW

Alethea
Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:31 am
I didn't notice necklaces or trinkets included on the spreadsheet. Is it possible to add them at some point?

Thank you for providing this resource. It has been a tremendous help.
Honorshammer
Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:58 am
- Added some Necks (another doh!)
- I didn't add trinkets as "On Use" is very difficult to judge. They should be situational, but I'm a big believer in Darkmoon Card: Crusade

- I added Vengeful Gladiator's Scaled Helm

- I also added Merciless Gladiator's Scaled Shoulders as shoulders are notoriously a tough spot to get a good piece in.

- Also added the very old 50 Badge Helm

I was very surprised to see that 35 Badge neck place so high, especially given it's complete lack of avoidance. Then I saw that Expertise was double dipping (get counted twice) so I split Expertise into 60% threat and 40% mitigation. After that the Badge neck came back down a little.

is there any chance we could toggle sorting by other values for each gear type

You can always download the spreadsheet if you like. What other values would you like to see it sorted by?
_________________

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/
Trammel
Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:42 pm
You have the Tankatronic goggles showing 30 defense, I believe it is now 25.
_________________
Yhun
Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:17 pm
I was curious how the SSO Rep Shields stacked up on the chart?
_________________
Yhun's Armory
Donmc
Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:48 pm
Did you adjust the value of block rating to reflect the removal of crushing blows from raid bosses? It seems like some items have higher ratings than they should have when their real value was that they helped reach uncrushable pre 3.0. I'm sorry if you already are. Its just something that stands out to me.
_________________
[url=http://armorylite.com/us/Hydraxis/dönmc][/url]
Anubisknight
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:35 am
Doesn't the chestplate of stoicism have a red socket? If so, equipping a 15 stamina gem in it will not give you the +3 socket bonus making the K3 cell stamina value 93 (78+15) instead of 96 (78+15+3).
_________________
Penny
Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:37 am
Excellent list!

Can you add Boots of the Protector - BS BoP
[http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30033]

and the SSO Tank Neck - Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve
[http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34680]
I know its not super tank neck but its got lots of stam if you've hit 490Def.

Also, I saw in an earlier post that you added the SSO Shields, but I don't see them on the list...


Thanks Honor!
_________________
--
Pennydragon - Tankadin - 70 - Llane
--
2ndNin
Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:07 am
Value for the T6 leggings avoidance seems way too low @ 70, got them and the Praetorians last night and for avoidance it seems to be:

Inscribed leg plates of the aldor
Lightbringer
Praetorians

However the list is affected slightly by DR, I go the Warrior BB belt last night as well, and despite it should be a net upgrade for me in avoidance its actually a downgrade Sad.

Still have to disagree with the weighting on the spreadsheet a little, since it seems to place a very high emphasis on mitigation (block rating, block value) above other stats, the Unwavering Legguards for example coming above the Aldor Legs, over avoidance, isn't it really double dipping to count block rating and value on an items since

Avoidance -> damage = 0
Mitigation -> damage - Mitigation value

Thus 1% mitigation could be valued at (1% mitigation @ BV = hit), while it seems its more weighted similarly to 1% mitigation, and then the actual BV double dips.
_________________
Armoury Link

Evey
Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:29 am
I'm regularly impressed by the resources this community produces, thank you for creating this spreadsheet.

Would it be possible to add cloaks to your list?
_________________
Evey - 70 Paladin 0/56/5 - Greymane