Firstly, I just wanted to thanks everyone for such a lively and intelligent community. As a new paladin tank (I JUST hit 70, less than 10 hours /played at the level) this site has been a wonderful resource!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silver+Hand&n=Gina
My best in-game friend, a holy priest who I've been leveling with exclusively since level 40 (as prot and holy) and I plan on doing a server jump in a few days, as the foundation of a rebuilding attempt on her dad's guild to get them into Kara. We'll have a bear MT, and I'll be OTing it. Nobody other than the 3 of us has any raid experience whatsoever. I'm really excited about this challenge, and so I want to make sure I'm the best I can be when we start, which, given the short schedule means I want to try and gear up ASAP!
I've been following the guides, and even as fresh to 70 as I am, have almost everything on them. We're working on farming up a FotC for me now, we've gotten SH down to ~40 minute runs. As a warrior main, I have to say pally tanking is SO much more fun! The biggest issue I'm running into is my Health Pool. I'm pretty happy with my Threat and Mitigation, but really feel I need about 1200 more HP before I walk into Kara. Obviously, I can "expensify" a few enchants or gems, but even best-case scenario it's only another 300HP or so.
What gear can I replace that will give me a significant HP boost? The tear is a glaring choice, as would be an HP trinket. As a JC, would Living Ruby Serpent be a wise choice? ~350 more HP and a nice on-use threat boost sounds good. Any other suggestions to help me push to 12K unbuffed?
Oh, and at what point could i start heroics? Every single 5-man the 2 of us have run so far has been a ridiculously easy joke. We clear SH in less than 40-minutes if we can find competent DPSers by pulling 2 packs at once. My healer is REALLY good, and we work stupidly well together (30 levels will do that I guess) but she's concerned about healing them (even though she's already at 1200 +heal and almost 200 MP/5 while casting), and I'm really concerned about those big hits. For warriors, we say 12K/12K/490, does the same apply to paladins?
Thanks for any new help, and all the help in the past. Sorry for the novel, I'm just really excited about this whole thing!