Skip to content
Maintankadin

Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Jayson
Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know I have my Ulduar25 list ready to go... just waiting for an unlock to get it posted in.

Stay Tuned!!!
Jayson
Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Updated.

The Ulduar 25 list is now in the stickied guide. Check it out.
Barathorn
Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Jayson, just a quick heads up, some of the links in the trinket section of the 10 man guide appear to be broken.

Barathorn
theckhd
Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Just a note, both of the posts you link to in the description of the Threat (T) designation are outdated. The links should be updated to the most recent one, which can be found here:
viewtopic.php?p=414575#p414575

Alternatively, you can just send them to the Table of Contents which should always be updated to link to the most recent version of the analysis. I think a direct link to the actual post is probably better though.
Jayson
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Seems like they are all working now Bara, thanks for the heads up. I noticed a few links not working last week at different times, not sure what's up.

Theck, I'll just post the table of contents the next time I do an update, I knew you had new work, but I'm just too slow/lazy to keep up with you.
DisRuptive1
Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:45 am

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

I noticed Amulet of Autopsy wasn't listed in your guide. Seems decent for MT spot. You lose -7 Strength, -6 Stamina, and -9 Defense Rating for 27 Dodge Rating.
Majiben
Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:14 am

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Don't forget the armor.
Zoltar
Fri May 01, 2009 12:20 am

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Jayson wrote:Updated.

The Ulduar 25 list is now in the stickied guide. Check it out.


Bah, can't see your link. For some bizarre reason my work blocks links that begin with 'maintankadin' but I can go to any that begin with 'failsafedesign'.
Jayson
Tue May 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

DisRuptive1 wrote:I noticed Amulet of Autopsy wasn't listed in your guide. Seems decent for MT spot. You lose -7 Strength, -6 Stamina, and -9 Defense Rating for 27 Dodge Rating.


I'm not sure where you want it listed. In the 10man portion, Drakescale Collar has as much as 21 more Stam than the Autopsy (still lower EH however), as well as more Threat, more un-hittability, and similar avoidance. If you want pure EH in your MT set, Titanium Earthguard Chain tops it by a couple hundred in that category.

In the 25man section, the other available necks just smack the crap outta it. Talking 43 more stam in the Nexus and ~500 more EH on Nexus or Boundless Ambition.


Also, Zoltar, as far as the guide goes, the copy of it listed here in this post is not showing the updated version. You can back out to the Gear and Discussion Guides forum, click The MainTankadin Consolidated Gearing Guide sticky, and find it there, or the most current version can always be found on the link that I posted at the top of the guide (on Tankspot.com).
Barathorn
Tue May 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

The copy of the post in this thread is now the updated version so it is easier to refer to :) .

Barathorn
Jayson
Wed May 06, 2009 3:44 pm

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Lol, thanks man.
Ascendant
Fri May 08, 2009 1:08 am

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Surprisingly, the BiS 25 man list matches the one I made on my own exactly. This is the first time I have ever fully agreed with another paladin's gear choices. I wonder what enchants and gems you would use...
Jayson
Fri May 08, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Ascendant wrote:Surprisingly, the BiS 25 man list matches the one I made on my own exactly. This is the first time I have ever fully agreed with another paladin's gear choices. I wonder what enchants and gems you would use...


Lol, that's actually... pretty cool heh. I haven't looked much at gemming yet, gonna be some tough choices with all the off-color sockets and Stam bonuses. I did level JCing just recently actually so that will help with many of the bonuses to be had. We shall see...

As for enchants, right now I am actually going almost full EH enchants Stam/Armor when available. I kinda feel pigeonholed in right now with how hard the bosses in Ulduar hit.
DisRuptive1
Sun May 10, 2009 5:13 am

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Anyway you can include your original list for the BiS of Tier 7? Not all of us are capable of getting into Ulduar and it's nice to know what can be done with the gear still dropping out of Naxx in preparation of using it in Ulduar.
Jayson
Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:34 am

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Hey guys. I'm sorry I haven't been on much the last several weeks. This summer is kickin me in the shorts for busy. It looks like I'm going to have to archive the 10man listing for now. Perhaps when the next patch comes out I'll be able to get it done at that time.

I apologize to you 10man'ers out there. I only did 25man first because it directly applies to me.

Thanks for all the views guys! Hope it's a help.