Skip to content
Maintankadin

Glove enchants: 2% threat vs 15 str

Tyaera
Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:02 pm

Glove enchants: 2% threat vs 15 str

So, maybe this is a better all around enchant, maybe less threat but gives mitigation too?
_________________
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Brand
Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:11 pm
I've been wondering about that myself. I have the 2% threat enchant on my gloves atm, and was wondering what the difference would be swapping to +15 str given the new setup. Granted, I won't be able to get the full use of my block value atm (without ShoR), but given the scaleability of both enchants makes it an intruiging choice. Looks like it's time to hit the math.
_________________
Elsie
Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:11 pm
If you want threat get threat. If you want mitigation get mitigation.
STR is not the best at either. +2% threat or +240 armor or +15 agi.
Strom
Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:14 pm
With the way things have been stacking up I would think EH or Mitigation should always be our choice when geming and enchanting. Threat appears to be a non-issue.
_________________
Majiben
Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:15 pm
Givens
1AP=~1SP in tps
2SP=~ 1TPS before baked in salv =>2AP=~1TPS before baked in salv
2% threat is better than +20 SP at 500TPS before baked in salv
You have divine str (+15% modifier)

Before kings
15str enchant=> 17.25 str=> 34.5 AP=> 17.25 TPS=> 2% threat is better if you do 862.5 TPS pre baked in salv=> 2% threat is better if you 1233.375 TPS post baked in salv

Post kings
15str enchant=> 18.75 str=> 39.5 AP=> 18.75 TPS=> 2% threat is better if you do 937.5 TPS pre baked in salv=> 2% threat is better if you 1340.625 TPS post baked in salv

This of course is not 100% accuarate but it should give you a rough idea.
_________________
Majiben
Helpunot
Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:33 pm
Threat tonight was definately a non issue... except vs our ret pally who was pullin as much tps as I was on trash.. We took down brut in 3:15, and noone got close on threat. However, druids swipe threat was insane, a non geared druid tank was swiping my target that I had exorcised, AS, and hammered and he pulled it off me immediately.

I yelled on vent, "why the !@#$@#$ are you taunting off me?" He said, "I'm not, I was just swiping, they have really buffed it a lot." At this point mitigation is laughable from what I saw tonight. I might go with 2% threat just to keep druids from making me look bad lolz.
Sarkan-ZdC
Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:38 am
I'm sure he taunted Rolling Eyes