Skip to content
Maintankadin

Any guides yet for getting 540 uncrittable @ 80?

masterpoobaa
Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:56 pm

Any guides yet for getting 540 uncrittable @ 80?

Any guides yet for getting 540 uncrittable @ 80?
I lived off eanins guide for 70!
_________________
Majiben
Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:05 pm
wearing this gear set will get you most of the way there.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
kalbear
Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:57 am
I wrote one on my blog that uses mostly quest, rep and crafted items.
Majiben
Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:05 am
This thread poped up recently and is a very good collection of gear and methods of procurement.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Kalakaua
Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:45 pm
I was gonna make a new topic about this, but I'll try to keep the board clutter down. The tempered saronite is great for reaching 540 defense, but I noticed that most of the "upgrades" to this set have lower values of defense. I'm worried that the whole defense thing is really gonna hurt me in terms of what I can swap out.

While I've reached uncrittability, my avoidance is painfully low from things like swapping out t6 gloves for daunting handguards (with 71 defense on them!). Right now, I'm sitting around 11% parry. 11% block, and 16% dodge... it makes me sad. Sad
cardo
Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:42 pm
I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth it to be unhitable (new word for uncrushable) seeing that a dk can tank too now a days.
Some people say that a normal hit now will be as bad as a crush in the pre 3.0 world. But if that's true what do dk's do? It's always just a parry, dodge or miss. They can not block does this mean they don't get hit at all? If thats the they are kinda imba and don't need to have a healer would they?
So theocrafters pls prove me wrong or get some \new theories that prove dk's arent imba to the extreem pls
Invisusira
Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:55 pm
It's actually not that hard; when I hit 78 I started using Wowhead filters like this:
http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4&filter=qu=3;ty=4:-3:-6:-2:-4:6;minrl=78;maxrl=80;cr=131:42;crs=1:1;crv=0:0
to find +defense gear from drops/quests/etc and was able to hit the 540 cap without even using gems. I'm still even using some L70 gear!

Protip: hasn't dropped for me yet, but there's a +65 defense trinket off last boss in Halls of Lightning.


Still using 6 L70 epix (belt ring trinket trinket sword libram). 838 BV.
_________________
armory | youtube | pally stole my bike
Enkal
Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:49 am
If you do all lvl 80 normal instances and their related quests you'll be very close to at crit immnue in no time. Smile Since they are all pretty short you can do them all in a night or two.

Many of the instances from lvl 78 and up actually have decent tank quest rewards and drops. Smile
_________________