Skip to content
Maintankadin

Emblems of sh*t

trellian
Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:52 am

Emblems of sh*t

Is anyone else like me completely disappointed by the quality of items you can get from emblems?

I mean, i bought 2 items with emblems of heroism (neck and libram) and now i have nothing else to spend it on. Maybe the t7 gloves or chest, but that sounds like cheating. Most of the craftable/drop stuff is better then emblems stuff (appart from raid drops ofc).

I say this cuz I'm still not able to run naxx (no healers at 80 yet). So emblems of valor are not available to me yet.
_________________
Sytaena
mconeone
Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:57 am
T7? Both the chest and gloves are upgrades for you. The shield is also an upgrade with more avoidance and stamina at the cost of defense, which you can gem/enchant for.
_________________
Barathorn
Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:11 am
I quite liked the look of the boots in honesty, but I will not be making any decisions until I get closer to 80 and see what is available from Guild resources, enjoying leveling at the moment.

Barathorn
_________________
ShaiHulud
Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:19 am
I grabbed the belt simply because I still had my iron-tusk girdle. Probabaly go for Shield then Neck next. Did Naxx pug this week and Tank sword dropped off gothik, gloves off Noth and my rolls suck Sad
_________________

^The new WoTLK Main

^Old TBC main
Fridmarr
Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:55 am
I don't think they want badge gear to be a main part of the gearing up for those leading edge guilds entering raids. Don't be surprised though if they add some stuff in a couple of months to help those who are behind a bit, much like they did in TBC.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
marsbubble
Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:42 pm
Grab holy gear for 3.1
Rhiannon
Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:58 pm
You're not meant to be able to get a full set of tank gear from purely turning in badges grinded in heroics. People are probably a bit spoiled from the 2.3 and 2.4 vendor loot, and don't remember how few slots were available originally.

And because of how the item budget works, both the shield and the belt work out better itemised than their crafted/heroic drop equivalents of the same item level. e.g. titansteel shieldwall (crafted), crest of lordaeron (strat) and the badge shield are all ilevel 200, but in terms of actual stats overall the badge shield gives the most value as it has its item budget spent on 5 stats vs the crafted piece's 3. Sure, you might want to use the crafted for a while for the defense but once you're comfortable with it the badge shield is much better itemised overall.

Same deal with the badge belt vs the heroic drop belt.

With heroic blues, couple of heroic badge epics and one or two crafted or heroic drops you're set for Naxx, what more do you need? And really, by saving up for the t7 tokens you're doing the rest of your raid group a favour - you'll be a stronger tank when you do start Naxx, and it'll mean that someone else can get their t7 chest/gloves a reset earlier than they would have otherwise.
_________________