Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tankadin Engeineering helm worth it?

msuguy
Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:58 pm

Tankadin Engeineering helm worth it?

I know there was some doubt before WOTLK came out that the Engineering helm wouldn't be worth it. It can easily be replaced with better gear.

What's the current take on this? Is everyone still of the feeling that it's not an item worth spending 3K-8K gold getting engeineering skilled up from 375 to 450 for?
Consecrator
Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:30 pm
I would say it depends on you guild and raiding status. If you plan to still be in naxx next year get the eng helm. The t7 is better then the eng helmet IMO so if t7 is attainable it makes the eng helm less needed.
_________________
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
æ
Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:46 am
I got it, and i would say no, not really worth it unless you can grind gold pretty good. You will be spending at least 3k. More like 4-5 due to mats being high right now.

I don't regret it though it was a bitch to level. Wowhead is not accurate and they become available at 440. Not 430. -.-' (thats the difference of 500+ gold)

Although you do get some pretty cool toys on the way. My fav being the trinkets and the gnome swiss army knife that acts as a skinning knife, smith hammer, spanner, something else for engineering, and finally... defibrillator!! Kinda cool Smile
Ulushnar
Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:16 am
Single biggest expense on it was the Frozen Orb for me. I had pretty much everything else from mining like a crazy person whilst levelling.

I like em.
_________________
Blog


Do you use your powers for Good, or for Awesome?
æ
Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:19 am
Actualy the biggest expence was all the saronite you used instead of selling. Thats over 1k gold easy, as well as all the cobalt bars. Another 1k easy. Assumeing low AH values.
Rothifer
Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:30 am
a few thousand gold isnt hard to get in wotlk.
hit 80
3-4k gold questing
2-3k gold selling mats (cloth, meat, 1/2 of the ore i collected)

would of made more selling mats but i kept 100 cobalt, 300 saronite and 35 titanium ore. main reason i kept so much was because i dropped engineering for JC.

i dropped engineering because it seemed the only perk was the helm in bc. i was only able to raid MH and BT so there wasn't an upgrade.

toys are fun but they dont pay the bills. main thought was "how much did i spend on gems in bc?" and thats the straw that broke the camels back as they say.
Knaughty
Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:18 pm
People saying "skip if you're going to be raiding quickly" are missing the point.

If you're going to be raiding quickly, a crafted item is a guaranteed item. And you're raiding quickly, so you need gear NOW. You upgrade the instant you can upgrade, so you can tank the next boss.

Get. Tis an awesome hat. Even after you get T-7, you prob wear this outside raids just so you can ninja gas clouds.

I dinged 80 on Sat morning, crafted 3 epics that day: boots, shield, engy hat. Thus, tanking heroics Sat evening and Naxx-10 on Sunday evening. Already have Naxx-10 boots, so the crafted epic ones were cutting edge for 24 hours. So what? Now I have two boots - one will get rocket skates, one will get a real enchant.
_________________
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum.
Knaughty
Naxx-25 15/15 pre-buff
Consecrator
Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:43 pm
I was only saying that because its pretty expensive at the moent for the mats. He asked if it was wortht it and i took it as i have the money if i need them but would prefer not to get them. If he has money to spare then by all means they are a nice headpiece to get you started quickly as knaughty said.
_________________
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
Relamun
Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:46 pm
I'd say it's worth it to level up Engineering. Especially if you're someone like me who is probably going to be raiding with a more casual guild the helm is great to get.
And don't forget about this which is really nice for single target pulls. And this trinket ain't too shabby either. (And yes I know the AP buff isn't incredible, but the stamina is nice till I can get this)
_________________
"Unless Uther himself appears on these boards in the ... pixelated flesh ... and tells us all to spec Kings." - Guillex