Skip to content
Maintankadin

Know Your Rare Tanking Gems

HinataDestiny
Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:27 pm

Know Your Rare Tanking Gems

Here is a list of all the Rare Tanking gems sorted by color. Gems Underlined and Bolded are my person picks for the Best in Color Award. I will update this guide with the Epic Gems when they are released.

Blue
Solid Sky Sapphire

Green
Enduring Forest Emerald

Meta
Austere Earthsiege Diamond
Effulgent Skyflare Diamond
Eternal Earthsiege Diamond
Powerful Earthsiege Diamond
Powerful Earthshatter Diamond

Orange
Accurate Monarch Topaz
Champion's Monarch Topaz**
Etched Monarch Topaz**
Glimmering Monarch Topaz
Resolute Monarch Topaz**
Stalwart Monarch Topaz**

Red
Bold Scarlet Ruby
Flashing Scarlet Ruby
Precise Scarlet Ruby
Subtle Scarlet Ruby

Purple
Defender's Twilight Opal
Guardian's Twilight Opal
Regal Twilight Opal
Sovereign Twilight Opal**

Yellow
Rigid Autumn's Glow
Thick Autumn's Glow


**Currently seeking information on where the patterns drop for these gems. No information on drops listed currently on Wowhead, Thottbot, or Allakhazam.
_________________
Hinata of Crit Happens - 80 - Arygos
gibborim
Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:57 pm
I don't know what your tank mods are saying, but mine are telling me that agility is a tiny bit better than dodge point for point after kings.
Saeverud
Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:54 pm
Wtb gem with Strength and Dodge.

I'll probably use Subtle and Bold Scarlet rubies for red slots, Regal Opals and Solid Sapphires for blue, and Thick Autumn's and Champion Topaz's(when it comes out) for yellow. Depending on what I need more.

I'd probably drop Mining for JC if I had an alt high enough to farm northrend ore. But alas, my highest alliance side is still in his sixties.
_________________
trellian
Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:28 am
I personally like the 5% block value meta more then the 2% armor one.

It just gives so much more in terms of mitigation, threat and avoidance.
_________________
Sytaena