Skip to content
Maintankadin

Heroic UP day 14...

Toddrick
Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:24 pm

Heroic UP day 14...

When I get home from work today I'll be trying for the 14th day straight to get that last drop that continues to elude me...the red sword of courage. Everything else has dropped within the first 4 runs. Heroic Strat shield...2nd run. Heroic VH pants...3rd run. Hell...I saw the blue proto drake drop in Heroic UP but still no sword. 2% drop rate...compared to, what, 25%?

Has anyone else had the same difficulty obtaining it? Is there that one heroic you insist on running everyday because you are looking for that last heroic drop you need? Which boss have you /spit on everyday for weeks because he doesn't like to roll the loot dice in your favor?[/u]
Toddrick
Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:33 pm
I ran azjol nerub 6 times to get the belt. The same day I got the belt...I won the roll for the belt from 25 man maxxena(sp).

I'm just hoping I get to laugh last when we finally down kel and I out roll everyone for the last laugh, lol.
Kilthanas
Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:38 pm
I've ran this for 2 weeks and no sword.

Frankly I'm ready to give up and just wait for the sword from 10 man Gothik or the 25 man loot from 4 horsemen and KT.
Majiben
Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:40 pm
31 times for the Figurine of the colossus. 14 is not nearly enough Razz.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
Cirruss
Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:42 pm
Biggest drop issue I've had is the Seal of Pantheon from reg HoL. I ran that daily, sometimes more than once a day for it and haven't seen it yet. I've only done heroic UP once and didn't see the sword.

For a while I wasn't seeing ANY tank items drop. Then last week I did 3 heroics one night and every tank piece that could have dropped, did.

I got the hands from Gun Drak, the belt from AN, the legs from VH, the trinket from VH, the shoulders from Gun Drak, then some other tank stuff dropped but I already had better.

I hope to do heroic UP tonight for the sword.
_________________
Cirruss - 80 - Alleria
Sybexia
Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:49 pm
I have run regular HoL about 10 times for the sword and trinket. The trinket finally drops and the DPS DK rolls need and beats me. I was a bit ticked off. Says he needs it for his tanking set. Tell me... who tanked this instance for you chump?
Erendis
Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:21 pm
Sword also refuses to drop for me. I hate that it is in H-UP. Dealt with too many fail PuGs already.
_________________

Veilan
Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:24 pm
The sword is a lie. Sad

The infantry assault blade is making do in its stead.
_________________
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Elsie
Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:55 pm
My warrior friend has tanked heroic VH every day for a few weeks without any pant drops.

As for me... I just bought stuff with emblems and reputation. The only drops I used were the pinnacle sword and VH pants for a long time. Sunwell wrists gear held up really well - particularly the ~77 BV twins shoulders and the tier 6 wrists.

That said I should probably stop being lazy and hit up heroic oculus for the 38 defense ring and halls of lightning for the defense trinket. SMI is getting stale and double stamina trinkets are just for show.
Fedaykin98
Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:09 pm
I heard a story that a guildie of mine was after the Red Sword and a rogue ninjaed it.

Things like this are causing me to consider Master Looting 5-mans.
_________________
etherbadger
Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:24 pm
I got the red sword of courage on my 6th try (it looks good with +20str by the way). 2 days later on our 2nd run of naxx10 I got the slayer of the lifeless since our OT is a deathknight. 10+ tries for the shield out of Cot and counting. Most all of my guild has the bronze drake now.
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arthas&n=Etherbadger
Torakka
Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:57 pm
I got that sword on my first trun there (which was also my first HC at lvl 80) but Hadronox has died 10-15 times now without any sign of his trinket. Strat shield is also myth, but at least there was craftable alternative.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/eu/ravencrest/ezarioth
Knaughty
Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:38 pm
Ran UP twice, but then second 4H[25] kill dropped Broken Promise, and warriors didn't want as "Too Slow".

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40345

I don't have the time to farm heroics much, sadly. Still no reps to Exalted (though three to revered), so I just got the crafted epics then started raiding. You don't need heroic gear to raid - just do Naxx-10 instead?
_________________
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum.
Knaughty
Naxx-25 15/15 pre-buff