Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket

Dianora
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:52 am

Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket

Finish leveling my engineering today (375-450 == 4.3k Gold). One of the things I decided to put on is Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket, and at first it was playing havoc with my macro rotation. But on a Utguard Pinnacle pull where I know if I I used shield pull it'll grab the 2nd group of mob. The rocket work like a charm. I think I'm keeping that just for this kind of tricky pull.
_________________
MrDuck
Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:02 pm
I had this ench when levelling and in heroics when i started them and actually had to care if i pull only 3 packs or the whole room, and gotta say i loved it...thanks to its long range, i fired the thing,a horde ret pally ran to the mob,hit it right 0,004 secs after my uber rocket landed so...i had credit, he killed it for me..i didnt really intend to do that, but it was quite funny to see him confused, and it happened like 4 times in zul'drak around one of these flightpoints where you needa loot elementals, and these were overwhelmed by people actually doing the quest Smile

Fun enchant, though now i'm ussing the parry+threat one(i know +threat isnt that much needed now,but the parry cant hurt and it wass cheap:P thinking 'bout agi tho) once we started raiding, just to avoid a lil bit more damage.
_________________
vya
Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:14 pm
I love it. It's great for four-packs in instances... shield 3 and rocket the 4th from range so that it doesn't go to your healer during chain pulls. Also, when trying to AoE grind mobs that are spaced out (elementals and ghosts for the Hodir dailies come to mind), you can get an extra mob "for free" without endangering an evade on the ones that you ASed or body-pulled.
Ewige
Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:35 pm
I loved this when we first started naxx and I still had blues on without any fancy enchants. Rocket Boots + Rocket Fists made for some interesting pulls! Oh noes, that shade is moving away *macro* *zoom* *bang* *boozle*! Or those shambling giant dudes at the back wall of grobullus' room. The best part was not telling people wtf just shot out of my hands; until they got wise to it Laughing. And the fizzles could be entertaining too, like trying to catch this fleeing horde and shooting to the sky instead of zooming forward.

It is a *damn* shame they don't stack with enchants, this would save engineering for me almost entirely. Go go blizzard, buff it already!
_________________
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Fedaykin98
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:30 pm
Levelling your engineering cost you over 4k gold? Shocked
_________________
Ewige
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:46 pm
It costs a lot if you're not a miner, actually.

Not that I'd know directly as a miner, but I made a very tidy profit from selling ore/bars.

I did have to plop down gold for those damn Opals though, for the last few points.
Gracerath
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:36 am
I was always kind of a stamina whore so putting the rocket on my gloves instead of an armor kit was kind of weird at first. But I gotta say, I really love having an extra free ranged attack. I can't quite talk myself out of the 22 stam boot enchant for the 5 second speed boost though. The 5 min cooldown kills it. If it was 1 minute? Maybe ... (and possibly OP)
_________________
Barathorn
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:47 am
All the engineering 'gimmicks' will be going on my pvp stuff, I don't think I will be using it on my MT gear, although I might be pleasently suprised and use the rocket launchers.

4k sounds a lot, cost me @ 1k + 500g for my goggles mats to get to 441 engineering. Your server must be dear for mats Sad

Barathorn
_________________
degre
Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:06 am
Same here, Engi stuff goes on my PvP/DPS set, my tanking gloves have Armsman.
_________________
Candiru
Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:28 am
I'm using the +240 armour patch as I had mats lying around. I think the +18stam is slightly better though, but the +240 armour is > the 12stam patch.

Armsman seems nice, but threat is easy so I might get +agi instead.
Loquerion
Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:49 am
The tinkering items are a nice touch. The glove rockets plus the goblin rocket launcher give us two mana free ranged pulling options. If we could do custom armor dye, I'd totally dye my armor red and gold and make people call me Iron Man. Laughing

Edit: spelling ftw.
_________________
Loquerion