I have built this list off of Zamach's list found here
And the enchants come from Petrus here
I am only listing one or two items and they are all from non heroic/10 mans. I am doing this as an effort to help ME get ready and to alleviate the multiple threads on "am I ready for heroics". This is not to say you need all the items here to be able to tank in a heroic instance, just that this may be a good list to see if in fact you have enough gear to come close, as this is (or is trying to be) a list of the best gear you can get before stepping foot into a heroic instance.
I am including the BOE epics from blacksmith's and leatherworkers, but I understand that they may be a little out of some peoples price range if they do not have the skill, so I am including the next best thing that can be obtained (again without stepping into a heroic instance). If you are like me and are broke all the time from trying to gear then they may be your only option. In some cases they may even be better than the epic ones, just depends on you other gear you have at the time.
Head
Tempered Titansteel Helm Crafted BOE (Blacksmithing)
other option
Helm of the Ley-Guardian Cache of Eregos, The Oculus
Chant
Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector
Neck
Burning Skull Pendant Heroic Gundrak (but it is BoE)
Shoulders
Crusader's Square Pauldrons The Culling of Stratholme (trash drop BOE)
Chant
This requires a hell of a rep grind, use BC chant if you are not honored/exalted yet
Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle Requires The Sons of Hodir - Exalted
other option
Lesser Inscription of the Pinnacle Requires The Sons of Hodir - Honored
Back
Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions Rep Item, Wyrmrest Accord (Honored)
other option (this assumes you have enough defense)
Durable Nerubhide Cape Crafted BOE (Leatherworking)
Chant
Enchant Cloak - Titanweave
Chest
Breastplate of the Solemn Council Rep Item, Wyrmrest Accord (Revered )
Chant
Enchant Chest - Greater Defense
Wrist
Svala's Bloodied Shackles Svala Sorrowgrave, Utgarde Pinnacle
Chant
Enchant Bracer - Fortitude
or
Enchant Bracer - Major Defense
Hands
Daunting Handguards Crafted BOE (Blacksmithing)
Chant
Enchant Gloves - Armsman
or
Enchant Gloves - Major Agility
Waist
Waistguard of the Risen Knight Drak'Tharon Keep trash mob?
Chant
Eternal Belt Buckle
Legs
Daunting Legplates Crafted BOE (Blacksmithing)
I found that the Daunting Legplates served me fine and helped keep my
defense high enough but some will argue that the ones below are better
just use what fits the rest of your gear
Special Issue Legplates Rep Item - Argent Crusade (Honoured)
Chant
Frosthide Leg Armor
unless you are not going to keep them around that long or your server is really expensive then
Jormungar Leg Armor
Feet
Tempered Titansteel Treads Crafted BOE (Blacksmithing)
other option
Sabatons of Draconic Vigor Rep Item, Wyrmrest Accord (Revered )
Chant
Enchant Boots - Greater Fortitude
Fingers
Staunch Signet Quest - "The Struggle Persists"
Gal'darah's Signet Gal'darah, Gundrak
Trinkets
This is the only Trinket that I have seen that is an upgrade to what we had in BC that is obtainable for everyone.
Seal of the Pantheon Loken, Halls of Lightning
Weapon
Eternally Folded Blade Volkhan, Halls of Lightning
Chant
Formula: Enchant Weapon - Potency
Shield
Titansteel Shield Wall Crafted BOE (Blacksmithing)
other option
Leeka's Shield Mal'Ganis, CoT: Stratholme
Chant
Enchant Shield - Defense
Glyphs
Chant
Glyph of Hammer of Wrath
Glyph of Seal of Vengeance
Glyph of Righteous Defense
Chant
Glyph of the Wise
I am no good at math and trying to figure out what this comes out to before I am there is something I cannot do, but this is what I am shooting for.
Any and all feedback is welcome.
I would like to get some advice on enchants added to the list. This is how I would chant, but without all of the gear it is hard to say where I need to improve. I have added +defense because I know 540 is gonna be hard to hold up with all of the gear available and some of the sacrifices that were made when putting the list together.
Lets hear it, don't flame me too hard as this is the first list I put together and I am relatively new to the game.
Cheers
_________________
Link to armory



