Skip to content
Maintankadin

Ret: Spiked Titansteel Changes

Lore
Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:53 pm

Ret: Spiked Titansteel Changes

Didn't want to tack this onto the Tempered Titansteel discussion, but feel free to moderate my ass if I missed a thread Wink

Spiked Titansteel on PTR is gaining a blue socket but losing/changing some other stats. Overall the changes are as follows:

-16 STR
-60 AGI (removed)
+44 crit rating
+blue socket
6 agi socket bonus changed to 8 crit rating

Stat changes before counting the new socket:
-39 AP (with Kings and Divine Strength)
-0.11% crit
+0.05% crit on socket bonus

The blue socket causes a problem, especially since currently there is no rare-quality Str/Stam gem available (has the pattern been added on PTR?). For non-Jewelcrafters, the best bet is probably a Vivid or Jagged Forest Emerald (12 stam and either 8 hit or 8 crit). The stam/crit cut would make up for the loss of crit, but you're still out 16 STR at that point.

Personally, I'll be putting a Bold Dragon's Eye in it and calling it good. But it is a nerf otherwise.
_________________
Station wagons are my favorite things.
Elsie
Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:04 pm
I'm gemming mine with 16 attack power with 3mp5 (or 12 stamina.) +6 to all stats is decent, too.

It's a slight nerf to retribution paladins and unholy/DW death knights, but not really much of a change to warrior. Ret loses the most since agi-to-crit was pretty hot for us and we scaled best with strength. 66 AGI vs 52 crit shouldn't come out to be a big deal, though.

+16 AP comes out to 6.324 strength for us. That's only 1.376 short of an 8 strength / 12 stamina gem that most would be using.
kenshin648
Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:03 pm
The bad thing about AP though is that its for threat and doesnt help with mitigation.
_________________
Warning, sig may be out of date.

anrke
Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:35 am
Oh god. I hope tempered titansteel won't lose stats also (I made it yesterday!)
Elsie
Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:21 am
In the end though, this helm is only amazing because there is no wasted itemization on stamina. It's entirely in crit, hit, and strength.
HinataDestiny
Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:10 am
I am happy I am a JC +27 str going in this one for me
_________________
Hinata of Crit Happens - 80 - Arygos

semp
Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:50 am
Stam isnt really "wasted" itemization points these days. With so much raid damage, having 20K buffed raid HP is nice.