Skip to content
Maintankadin

Commendation of Kael'thas @ 80

dunnark
Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:16 am

Commendation of Kael'thas @ 80

Commendation of Kael'thas. Melee attacks which reduce you below 35% health cause you to gain 152 dodge rating for 10 sec. Cannot occur more than once every 30 sec. So if others math is right that's 3.86% dodge at level 80.

I am still short of the 102.4% mark, yet my preference has still been to put stam trinkets on hoping that as I get more naxx loot that problem will go away. I've got an Essence of Gossamer, a Sonic Booster, Lavanthor's Talisman and yet I am thinking of still using the Commendation.

I guess I am asking if I crazy to still use the Commendation?
_________________
Zeels
Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:42 am
I'm still using it... Haven't been lucky in heroic asshole, so still waiting for the +111 sta trinket.
_________________
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Majiben
Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:05 pm
Ignore the commendation for now. It's proc is a lot weaker not only because of the level difference but also because of DR. You would do better to use your EoG and gem defense instead of stam.
_________________
Leettanks
Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:50 pm
They took out crushing blows in 3.0 You no longer need 102.4% mitigation. It is best to stack a good ammount of stam for +dmg for threat, and pure avoidance. Block value is real good for paladin tanks now with Sheild of Rightousness. I use it for my stam/threat set now that stamina effects spell power. I got rid of my "threat" set and only carry arround "avoidance" and "stam" sets now, to save space.
Fedaykin98
Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:11 pm
The only Wrath trinkets that I've seen drop are EoG (mine all mine!) and Defender's Code, which I happily passed to a friendly feral.

That has me still using Commendation.

What I would really prefer is Repelling Charge. I'm also considering dropping Engineering (rotting at 354 or so right now) for JC and making another awesome STA trinket, but they may one day hear our pleas and buff Engineering.
_________________
Zeels
Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:17 pm
And that freaking egg-sucks-robe dropped again in heroic asshole today.
I've got a collection of 15 of them now.
_________________
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Cakes
Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:55 pm
You might bank your Commendation for the meantime in favor of other lvl 80 trinkets, but keep it around. There's one encounter in the game that having double stam trinkets is quite nice.
Discus
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:40 am
I really hate seeing this more than anything else. Everytime someone says, "Heroics have been really good to me," There's someone else who's getting shafted over and over.

If, like me, you're unlucky with drops... don't chase drops. I don't think I've ever had a drop I tried farming and it was really starting to annoy me (and my guildies who I dragged through heroics endless times) in BC.

I shifted mindset and started to farm the easiest heroics for better badge gear... badges are the only 100% drop. Once you get full badge gear you'll notice all the drops you wanted start to drop but your gear is now better.

Or try taking someone already wearing the drop you want with you (harder for tanks). Always works, ofc drops are competely random so this must be nonsense.