THe theory was, with dual-spec comming soon(-ish) my plan is to go prot-ret. With that, any real time spent online will be on prot, but I'd like to craft a respectable set for when I do go ret.
Similar to the 'fail safe' guide it really only lists quest, cheap blacksmithing, or rep items. I tried to focus on the items that your average paladin tank would already have (rep wise) and didn't include any quests where there was an acceptable tanking reward as well.
I didn't spend days crafting this, so if there's items I missed I'm happy to add.
Head
1) Fang-Deflecting Faceguard. Faction Reward from Argent Crusade at Revered
Neck
Shoulder
1) [Spaulders of the Giant Lords]. Faction Reward from Son of Hodir at Revered
2) [Gold Star Spaulders]. Faction Reward from Oracles at Revered
3) [Savage Saronite Pauldrons]. Crafted using the Blacksmithing talent - Min. Skill level:420
Back
1) Illskar's Greatcloak. Quest Reward from Revenge for the Vargul in Icecrown
2) [Cloak of Holy Extermination]. Faction Reward from Argent Crusade at Honoured
Chest
1) [Battleplate of Unheard Ovation]. Quest Reward from Battle at Valhalas: Final Challenge in Icecrown
2) [Whalebone Carapace]. Faction Reward from The Kalu'ak at Honoured
3) [Savage Saronite Hauberk]. Crafted using the Blacksmithing talent - Min. Skill level:425
Bracers
1) [Vengeance Bindings]. Crafted using the Blacksmithing talent - Min. Skill level:420
2) Rings of Nergeld. Quest Reward from The Sum is Greater than the Parts in Icecrown
Hands
1) Gauntlets of The Culling. Quest Reward from A Royal Escort in CoT: Strat
2) [Astrid's Riding Gloves]. Quest Reward from Making a Harness in Storm Peaks
3) [Spiked Cobalt Gauntlets]. Crafted using the Blacksmithing talent - Min. Skill level:390
Waist
1) [Thorim's Grasp]. Quest Reward from The Earthen Oath in Storm Peaks
2) [Stability Girdle]. Quest Reward from The Stone That Started A Revolution in Icecrown
Legs
1) [Legplates of Bloody Reprisal]. Faction Reward from Wyrmrest Accord at Exalted
2) [Coldblooded Legplates]. Quest Reward from Fervor of the Frostborn (Alliance) in Storm Peaks
Boots
1) [Death-Inured Sabatons]. Faction Reward from Ebon Hold at Exalted
2) [Icewalker's Spikes]. Quest Reward from Securing the Perimeter (Alliance) in Icecrown
Rings
1) [Signet of Bridenbrad]. Quest Reward from Light Within the Darkness in Icecrown
2) [Jagged Ice Band]. Quest Reward from The Brothers Bronzebeard in Storm Peaks
3) [Frog-Toe Band]. Quest Reward from Basic Chemistry in Icecrown
Trinkets
Weapon
1) Argent Skeleton Crusher. Faction Reward from Argent Crusade at Revered
Libram
1) [Libram of Furious Blows]. Quest Reward from Get Me Outa Here! in Borean Tundra
EDITTED: for readability.
EDITORAL NOTE: I think the list as it currently stand is severly limited in its usefulness. When I get a moment, I will add badge gear at the very least, but I'm thinking to just make this more incompassing list (heroics and up) as a quick reference guide rather then as a limited gear subset.
Macallum
Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:45 am



