I had Greaves of Turbulence, which are a pretty good piece. It offers a good bit of dodge (which is still better than parry as I'm at less than 600 dodge) as well as some BR to help me reach block cap. 150 stam and 100 str really round out this piece as a good one. You can substitute any of your good offset pieces in this text and could probably say the same thing - they have good avoidance or block rating and are an all-around good piece.
The issue I've run into is with our T7.5 legs, Valorous Redemption Legguards. They've got 15 less block rating than the aforementioned Greaves of Turbulence and no dodge rating, but have more BV and with two sockets ultimately more stamina. I'd say that these legs are more clearly a threat piece (mmm big ShoR crits) or ideal for a low-hitting boss (i.e. Loatheb).
Assuming you can stay block capped with either piece, the bigger issue comes with the T7's 4piece bonus. T7.5 gloves/shoulders are pretty clearly best in slot - there's little argument about that. However, the shoulders, helm, and legs all have highly viable alternatives in non-set pieces. There are several helms that I would consider arguably better, though it's much closer than chest/legs, and then Dragonstorm Breastplate which is best in slot for avoidance. Chances are that players won't have all three of those slots filled in, however, and will have at least three pieces of T7.
Ultimately the question for your average tankadin becomes: Is this tier piece, which is arguably an overall downgrade (in almost all aspects except stamina and block value), worth using more often than the non-set equivalents when you factor in the four-piece bonus? How good is our four-piece bonus?
So far, I've found the only place where I think I'll need the extra time on divine protection is on Sarth with at least two drakes up, so I tend to stick with the Greaves, but I do gain some stam and BV with the T7.5. But with all the good non-set pieces floating around, it's a tough call for anyone.
_________________







