Skip to content
Maintankadin

Enchant Weapon - Blood Draining

æ
Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:36 am

Enchant Weapon - Blood Draining

Enchant Weapon - Blood Draining *New* - Permanently enchants your weapon to sometimes grant Blood Reserve when striking an enemy or inflicting damage with bleed attacks. When you fall below 35% health, Blood Reserve restores 1750 to 2250 health. This enchantment requires the wielder is at least level 75.

Worst thought out enchant ever? I vote yes.
I also vote for the immediate murder of any paladin tank you see with this.

I really hope they lower this to activate at 25%. THAT would make this amazing.
Girard-eredar
Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:06 am
Not good for us, but if they keep the parry one, (which is useless to say druids), then this one could be useful to them, warriors too, and maybe DKs, im not quite up to speed on the other tanks mechanics. But ya, not really useful to paladins
Zoltar
Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:12 am
As hard as it is to believe not every weapon enchant is aimed at Paladins :P
æ
Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:19 am
@ Zoltar
Considering the best paladin weapon enchant for tanking is from the expansion before the current one, I disagree with your post.

@ Girard-eredar
It would be good for us if it proced at 25%.

Keep it civil please :wink: Barathorn
Zoltar
Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:30 am
æ wrote:@ Zoltar
Considering the best paladin weapon enchant for tanking is from the expansion before the current one, your post ridiculous.


Not strictly true if I read you post correctly.... although this is difficult with the fragmented English. Not everyone uses Potency. Some people prefer +hit and +26 agi, which I believe are both from the current expansion. There is no single best enchant IMO.

EDIT: Typing mistake.
Girard-eredar
Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:32 am
True, at 25% it would be very nice, but your words say that as is it is the worst enchant ever thought up by the devs, which isn't accurate, it's simply not good for prot paladins
Majiben
Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:45 am
Banished to the proper forum
Image
æ
Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:51 am
There is no 'fragmented English'. 26 agi? Are you kidding? Potency would provide more effective health than that.


Pray tell, what class/build would consider this over weapon enchants they already have for their respective roles? This -is- one of the worst enchants as is, unless you totally disregard current options.
æ
Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:59 am
Majiben wrote:Banished to the proper forum



? I guess discussing gear isn't quite a part of " Gear Discussion"

:?
kenshin648
Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:26 am
æ wrote:There is no 'fragmented English'. 26 agi? Are you kidding? Potency would provide more effective health than that.


Pray tell, what class/build would consider this over weapon enchants they already have for their respective roles? This -is- one of the worst enchants as is, unless you totally disregard current options.


Even if it doesnt necessarily give more EH (I dont actually know, never seen the math), it is still a good enchant for tanks. Agi gives both mitigation and avoidance. It could be used to give that extra push toward the block cap or merely be used for certain situations.
Zoltar
Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:13 am
æ wrote:There is no 'fragmented English'.


The quote below from you is not proper English sorry. Only a minor point sorry..... but you did insist on you being right.

æ wrote:your post ridiculous


This IS fragmented.


æ wrote:26 agi? Are you kidding?


No, some people use it. Personally I use Potency at my current gear level. Many of the theory crafters on this forum believe it to be a viable alternative.
Dorvan
Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:52 am
Personally, I'm using 26 agi right now and may soon switch to Mongoose (though at this point I may delay until the patch comes out).

EH isn't the only defensive consideration that matters, and I'm quite comfortable saying that 26 Agi/mongoose are overall much better defensive enchants.

Potency vs. Agi/Mongoose is basically a moderate amount of threat and a tiny bit of EH vs a moderate amount of avoidance and a tiny bit of threat.
Majiben
Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:40 am
æ wrote:
Majiben wrote:Banished to the proper forum



? I guess discussing gear isn't quite a part of " Gear Discussion"

:?
You posted in the gear questions and advice forum. I moved you to the discussion and guide forum.
dav_sfc
Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:46 am

Weapon Enchants, The Gathering

Banished to the proper forum

I was impressed with the use of some alternative mana to 'Banish' the post.
That brought back some old memories.
(i guess techincally, as a pally, you should be only allowed to cast spells requiring blue mana but I'm not a stickler ;)

As for weapon enchants... I also roll with agility.
Potency vs. Agi/Mongoose is basically a moderate amount of threat and a tiny bit of EH vs a moderate amount of avoidance and a tiny bit of threat.

Don't we still get extra armor from agility? So we get some Mit, avoidance and threat from this enchant?
Either way, I'm not using potency, that's soooo last season......
(and I couldn't find anyone in guild with it.)
Barathorn
Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:44 am
Agility is a solid enchant from the current selection available.

I myself am very interested in the research done on +hit and will be considering that as my next weapon enchant.

Nice use of Dark Banishing although I always prefered Terror.