Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Generals Heart

steadypal
Sat May 30, 2009 2:00 am

The Generals Heart

what is up with this trinket? i dont see that many reviews about it, is there an internal CD on the proc? i think i read that the proc caps out at a little over 5k dmg, is this trinket any good? is it junk because the dmg proc only absorbs a little at a time? what if was just a straight up, proc, and absorbs 5k dmg in 10 seconds? anyways

what are the true opinions on this?
Faro
Sat May 30, 2009 2:36 am

Re: The Generals Heart

There's a rant from me about halfway through page three of this thread.

I hate it. If you have Commendation of Kael'Thas use it over this trinket. If you'd like to discuss it a little more I'd be happy to.
Valoel
Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:00 am

Re: The Generals Heart

it dropped the other day, no tanks rolled on it. then dk tank bid 5 min dkp just to stop it from being sharded...

furnace stone all the way if u are a 1trinket 1 stam kind of tank.
Faro
Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:20 am

Re: The Generals Heart

Valoel wrote:it dropped the other day, no tanks rolled on it.


That's a shame. You're throwing away Flame Leviathon scaling right there!
PapaNasty
Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: The Generals Heart

yeah dropped for us last nights

we took turns trying to be nice to each other and let the other tanks have it

in the end, since clearly none of us really wanted it (Other than as a +high ilvl trinket) our GM got annoyed and told us to /roll for who has to take it at min dkp lol

I missed out, but admittedly I don't have much bag space so it's probably a good thing lol



Could be handy though for aoe tanking, +200 dmg reduction from each hit would work out to a lot then. But assuming a 45s internal cooldown, it's only going to mitigate maybe 400-600 dmg every 45s vs most bosses (Assuming 50-60%% avoidance & boss 2.0s attackspeed).
Arnax
Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:47 am

Re: The Generals Heart

I got this trinket for the minimum dkp bid since none of our other tanks wanted it. I've only had it equipped during our Yogg-Saron tries and didn't really notice it proc a single time (but that's a fight where one's concentration might lay elsewhere than the buff bar).

I'll have it on tonight when we go back to a fresh Ulduar and make sure to check parses afterwards.
Arnax
Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:46 am

Re: The Generals Heart

Arnax wrote:I'll have it on tonight when we go back to a fresh Ulduar and make sure to check parses afterwards.


During our four hours in Ulduar yesterday (9 bosses downed), it procced 25 times for an uptime of 250 sec (about 4 minutes). I'm not impressed...

It seems to have only a slightly higher proc chance than Essence of Gossamer, which I incidently had in my other trinket slot (20 procs for a 3 minutes uptime). But who's wearing that trinket for the proc? :wink:
Mavrix
Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:51 pm

Re: The Generals Heart

Faro wrote:
Valoel wrote:it dropped the other day, no tanks rolled on it.


That's a shame. You're throwing away Flame Leviathon scaling right there!


I was under the impression that trinket slots weren't taken into account for FL scaling.
Petrus
Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: The Generals Heart

The General's Heart seems alright to me. It's not that BAD but I'd rather have Valor Medal for maintanking. The problem with General's Heart is that the proc is incredibly weak. The passive dodge is very nice, but the fact that it's not an on-use effect is unfortunate.

Going from Essence of Gossamer/Valor Medal to Heart of Iron/General's Heart is actually almost a direct upgrade - the only difference is that the proc/use effect swaps so that the stam trinket has the dodge use and the dodge trinket has the absorption use.

I'd still rather have Furnace Stone because its effect is much more powerful, imo, than the little absorption that the General's Heart gives.
fuzzygeek
Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:07 pm

Re: The Generals Heart

Mavrix wrote:I was under the impression that trinket slots weren't taken into account for FL scaling.



They are. Shirts and tabards are not.
Levantine
Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:00 am

Re: The Generals Heart

Neither are offhands/shields, from what I understand.
Faro
Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:21 am

Re: The Generals Heart

Levantine wrote:Neither are offhands/shields, from what I understand.

I thought it just took the highest ilevel from either your MH or OH and counted that as the item you have in that slot.
Darus
Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:22 am

Re: The Generals Heart

Internal cd and low uptime, horrible trinket compared to what else there is.
repent
Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: The Generals Heart

Its not that bad. I use this trinket for Yogg since Stamina isn't really an issue with the buffs you get from the NPCs. The trinket proc is crap, but having a good dodge trinket for this fight makes sense to me.
steadypal
Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: The Generals Heart

i got it, because im tired of never seeing the dodge trinket off ignis 10,,,


once ignis 25 drops another trinket, i''ll be sporting both stam trinkets from ulduar, this will have to due until ignis drops one of his for me,,, proc is pretty bad,,, uld 10, fresh to mim dead, think it only procced 31times or so... but hey 107 dodge is win...



quick edit, i wish wws could keep track how much it absorbed during its procs.... :P