I'm sure it's apparent that the current block situation is horrible for all plate-wearing tanks. There's a ton of BR and BV gear in ulduar, and most of the bosses hit like a truck making it useless, I have resorted to going for avoidance gear.
Since warriors are in a similar boat it's forcing us all into grabbing as much pure avoidance gear as possible, which makes it a lot harder for our DK tanks to gear up due to the increased competition.
The way I would fix it, is to halve the BR conversion, or perhaps somewhere between dodge and parry.
I would then do the following: When a block occurs, your armour is increased by 200% of your BV for that hit.
I would have Holy shield last for 4 seconds but double BV in addition to what it does now.
Essentially what we want is block to be a mechanic that changes with the incoming damage otherwise against hard hits it is effectively useless. Conversely, if block is kept static and absorbs a lot of damage it would make non-hard hitting bosses pretty trivial.
What would you guys do?
Lightstrike
Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:58 am
