Skip to content
Maintankadin

New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Vrimmel
Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:20 am

New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Note that current models are placeholders.

Crafted:
Image
Image

Emblem of Triumph vendor items:
Image
Image
Image
Image

Protection paladin T9:
Image
Image
Image

Protection warrior T9:
Judging by the name, I have my suspicions of what this will look like.
Image
Image
Image
Lumenactio
Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:12 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Hm. That pally tier set has really good item balance to me. Not a single bit of block rating to be seen. That's great.

It may be the first time I wear a full set of tier gear.

The libram is nice too, though I guess it depends on the proc chance.
Vrimmel
Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:32 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Strangely the sets appear to be exactly the same except the warrior set having 81 more BV. The stats may not be final.

Paladin set iLvl 258

Armor: 10512
Stamina: 922
Str: 622
Def: 390
Dodge: 264
Parry: 132
BV: 429
Hit:62
Exp: 50
Meta: 1
Blue: 3
Yellow: 2
Red: 2
Socket bonuses: 36 stam, 4 dodge


Warrior set iLvl 258
Stamina: 922
Str: 622
Def: 390
Dodge: 264
Parry: 132
BV: 510
Hit: 62
Exp: 50
Meta: 1
Blue: 3
Yellow: 2
Red: 2
Socket bonuses: 36 stam, 4 dodge
Barathorn
Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:32 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

The set is very nice indeed. I also like the Libram.

Barathorn
Rehlachs
Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:40 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

i would also like to add

Image

it's...impressive

I like how the itemization is going .. as someone else mentioned in one of the BV threads. It seams that (at least on our set items) BV teams up with dodge, hit and other useful stuff.
MrDuck
Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:43 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Finally a set that I'll really want 4/5, no matter if the bonus gets nerfed or not, the 4 items look good overall, just these shoulders. Well, maybe if they look really good :P

And about the stats on the bestest of the best sets (lvl258 was that?): THE #@°k! O.o
Ajax
Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:52 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

very nice :D
Peleg
Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:57 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

A paladin tanking tier set with no block rating? Inconceivable!
Vrimmel
Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:13 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

I can't wait to see what kind of shield or weapon drops from the heroic 25man.
Smartos
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:13 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

I was just shocked when I saw the sets. The 258-set has about 30% more stats than the 232-set, that's just madness.

Besides, the 4-pieces bonus looks really epic.
Goldmund
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:16 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

I hate to say it, but what's the point of our T9 set bonuses? Assuming I didn't miss some change to 2/2 Sacred Duty, how is a 1:30 cooldown on Divine Protection useful at all with forbearance? I'm not really a big user of RD over HoR, either, but that might be more of a personal preference of mine than a legitimate complaint.

Am I just missing something? It's too early in the patch notes to get indignant about Tier bonuses, but they just confuse me.
Grehn|Skipjack
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:21 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Damn, Theck went on vacation right when I need to know threat numbers for that Ret libram.
Smartos
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:24 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

Goldmund wrote:I hate to say it, but what's the point of our T9 set bonuses? Assuming I didn't miss some change to 2/2 Sacred Duty, how is a 1:30 cooldown on Divine Protection useful at all with forbearance? I'm not really a big user of RD over HoR, either, but that might be more of a personal preference of mine than a legitimate complaint.

Am I just missing something? It's too early in the patch notes to get indignant about Tier bonuses, but they just confuse me.

Not just you, as I mentioned. But every tank has received a shorter cooldown for his taunt as a 2-pieces bonus, although I am also unsure about the "why".

The bonus for DP may indicate a change to forbearance ... I already hear the PvP-QQ "nerf ret". If it isnt changed, the bonus is idiotic.
Vrimmel
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:37 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

.
Vrimmel
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:40 am

Re: New tanking items in 3.2 (incl t9 paladin set)

It's pretty obvious that they would change forbearance rules. My best guess is that they will add an effect on our set bonus which also reduces the time of forbearance.