Skip to content
Maintankadin

Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

praxi
Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:55 pm

Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

First off, this is my first post here, and would like to say thank you to everyone for the amazing amount of data and help on this site. I have never had to make a post before this because I always managed to find my question answered in someone elses thread.

Now On to what I found so far:

I logged into the test realm and purchased the new tanking libram and headed to the test dummy in org.

1. The buff from the libram had a 96% up time for me in 10 minutes of logs. It doesnt stack but does reset the timer if you already have the buff up.

2. It looks like they really buffed the proc rate of blade ward. According to the small sample of logs I have from it, I had a 44% uptime. And I know I reached 4 stacks at one point. Maybe Blade Ward has some life now.

Here is the 10 min sample from wws
http://wowwebstats.com/tzgmxxnafvmtw?m

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nesingwary&n=Praxidike
Serelynn
Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

Well, against a target dummy, you should always hit 4 stacks since it isn't hitting back and removing them from a parry. I really do hope that Blade Ward will become useful though after the patch.
Dread
Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

Wow, I was wondering what the uptime on the Libram would look like. Thanks for the data!
praxi
Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

I agree with the stacks, was just mentioning how it procc'd enough to get that many stacks
steadypal
Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

went afk on ptr dummy for 32 minutes, blade ward procced 94 times, so it kinda seems proc rate went up on ptr, but who knows, can anyone test if the 5stack SOV hit also has a chance to proc it?
Soranthalas
Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

When I realized there was a "chance to" on the libram, I was royally pissed. I was expecting an uptime similar to alot of trinkets, maybe with an internal cooldown. But if this uptime holds, that's really great.

Did the buff fall off during the fight, or was the downtime all at the beginning of the fight before you used HotR the first time?

Edit: Reviewed the log and answered my own question. The buff, "Evasion", fell off 4 times, with 8-17 HoTRs in a row before the buff was lost.
Skio
Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:57 pm

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

The Retribution Libram has a similar uptime, and may be the Libram of choice for tanking in many situations as well.
praxi
Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

Well hopefully it stays that way. I will take 200 dodge in a slot anytime.
Knowing my luck it, a developer put the decimal in the wrong spot
Majiben
Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

The HotR libram is being reported as having a 50% uptime per attack by EJ which gives it about a 90% uptime for someone with a 90% chance of HotR landing.
Dread
Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

Majiben wrote:The HotR libram is being reported as having a 50% uptime per attack by EJ which gives it about a 90% uptime for someone with a 90% chance of HotR landing.


Mind linking the source? Do they use napkin math or actual data captures (like the WWS above) to justify their conclusion?
Othersider
Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:22 am

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

praxi wrote:
I logged into the test realm and purchased the new tanking libram


I apologize for the slight derail, but what is the libram purchasable by?
praxi
Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:44 am

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

On the PTR you can just buy it with gold.

Once live it will require Emblems of Triumph
praxi
Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:45 am

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

Majiben wrote:The HotR libram is being reported as having a 50% uptime per attack by EJ which gives it about a 90% uptime for someone with a 90% chance of HotR landing.


I have 216 hit. So that would agree with my 96% uptime. ( I think )
Of course on the Test Dummys the little adds are close enough to take Hotr hits. Maybe that helped on the up time ?
CircuAuchindoun
Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

Glyph of HotR/Libram uptime
Majiben
Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Re: Blade Ward and The new tanking Libram

praxi wrote:
Majiben wrote:The HotR libram is being reported as having a 50% uptime per attack by EJ which gives it about a 90% uptime for someone with a 90% chance of HotR landing.


I have 216 hit. So that would agree with my 96% uptime. ( I think )
Of course on the Test Dummys the little adds are close enough to take Hotr hits. Maybe that helped on the up time ?

There are deflections and dodges too take into account as well. Also I believe the testing was done on thym