Skip to content
Maintankadin

Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

Honorshammer
Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

My guild raids 10 mans only. We've gotten some Conquest through Emalon PuGs and variuos Hard Modes, but because we are focused on 10 mans the Conquests badges don't come quickly.

I've got 19 EoC at this point, exactly enough to buy the neckpiece : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45821

BUT I could also save up for Tier Pieces I'll never see like http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45632 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45638, but man 58 EoC will take forever.

There's also gloves http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45834 for 28, a Belt for 28 EoC http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45825, and some less than impressive Legs http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45842 for 39 EoC.

I could also use them to buy Runed Orbs http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45087, but I've only got enough to buy 1.

I know these badges will drop like candy next patch, but I'm trying to decide what to do with them today.

This is me: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... norshammer

I'm tempted just to buy the Neck and deal with it from there since I'm still wearing Heritage.
Kelaan
Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

Is the neck a big upgrade from what you have (or are likely to see)?
How many more Conquest badges do you expect to earn before 3.2?
How long post-3.2 will it take you to farm badges for tier tokens?

Ideally, you ultimately will buy all (or many) of them. T9.10 will be in your reach, so as the patch gets closer you will be able to see which will be harder slots to fill, and thus would benefit from prioritizing T8.5 gear from badges. The badge neck is better, but doesn't seem stellarly better than the T7.5 or T8.0 necks (unless I'm mis-remembering?). In contrast, some of the T8.5 tier pieces look just awesomely itemized. I'm planning to save mine (I have about ~20 conquest) for T8, and hope that some drops before I spend them.

edit: Orbs are going for ~800-1000g on my server, or less. I wouldn't spend badges on them unless it were to get a piece crafted, and even then maybe not.
Peleg
Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:03 pm

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

I'm not an exclusive 10 man raider, so my answer will be different than yours probably. But for me, I bought the neck and the gloves, and then started to use the rest to buy runed orbs to sell. I always get stuck with 100s of extra badges when they move to the next tier. So this time I'm determined to cash my badges out before the market disappears.
Spectrum
Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

I'm skipping the necklace. We've had the neck from Kologarn's chest (10-man of course) drop about four times now. I even accidentally got two when I didn't realize I had it in my bank. The badge neck is really a tiny upgrade, like 60 health and 0.1% avoidance. I'm not going to bother. There's also a good neck from Vezax I believe.

So I'm going to save up for the belt. The gloves I have T8 of and will probably stick with that. My belt is still the H AN belt, so I'll be happy to get a real upgrade. Also, I haven't heard about any badge belts in the next tier, so it might be a decent investment.
fudomyou
Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

I'm in the same situation as Honor, and I'm at 23 Conquest. I looked at the neck and decided it wasn't a great upgrade over my Maly25 reward (we had some 3.1 attrition, long story). How big of an upgrade is the conquest belt over the 219 belt from Razorscale10? (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45304) Would it be better to up my 7.5 to the new gloves instead?
Dorvan
Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

Given your situation, I'd be tempted to get a Runed Orb, sell it, and put the proceeds towards the future purchase of Runed Orbs for an item: their price is sure to continue declining in the meantime.
Kelaan
Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:04 am

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

That only works from the perspective of speculation, or if one actually plans to craft something.
Dorvan
Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

Kelaan wrote:That only works from the perspective of speculation, or if one actually plans to craft something.


The idea is that if you're planning on crafting something with Runed Orbs, but don't have the resources to buy all 6 yet, as long as you're willing to commit to that crafting decision you're better of buying the Orb now and liquidating it than to simply hold ontot the badges until you've got the resources to purchase all 6.

There's plenty of speculation that goes on in the WoW economy, but this is an extremely safe investment decision. As the orbs are not used to craft consumables, prices will only decline with time, and furthermore supply should accelerate as more and more guilds finish decking out their own members and begin selling their orbs on the open market. In short, you should either be crafting with them now or selling them until you're ready to craft....holding is a guaranteed losing proposition.
masterpoobaa
Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

If you can, save your badges for chest piece. thats a biiiig upgrade.

But in all honesty, dont worry too much. Come 3.2 you will be getting conquest badges from everything. Good loot will be easily achievable.
Varmin
Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:47 am

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

masterpoobaa wrote:If you can, save your badges for chest piece. thats a biiiig upgrade.

But in all honesty, dont worry too much. Come 3.2 you will be getting conquest badges from everything. Good loot will be easily achievable.


^This.

Buy tier now, you will be able to just get runed orbs with badges next patch. Orbs will still be a few hundred gold likely anyway.
Chest is what I would get first. Not to mention orbs drop from 10m hardmodes along with badges.
Wulfhere
Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

I see you don't have credit for a FL-25 kill. I am also in a 10-man only guild. What we started doing last week is killing FL-25 with 10-15 people. The first week we started on a lark with about 6 people. We wiped several times but then pulled in another 6 more and took him down on the next try. This week, we did him with 12 with only a few deaths on the gauntlet and a 1-shot of the kill. This gets you 1 extra conquest badge per week.
Honorshammer
Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

Wulfhere wrote:I see you don't have credit for a FL-25 kill. I am also in a 10-man only guild. What we started doing last week is killing FL-25 with 10-15 people. The first week we started on a lark with about 6 people. We wiped several times but then pulled in another 6 more and took him down on the next try. This week, we did him with 12 with only a few deaths on the gauntlet and a 1-shot of the kill. This gets you 1 extra conquest badge per week.


I'll float this idea by my raid leader. Most nights we are doing well just to have 10 people on to fill out our team.
Maswin
Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

Yep, I second the FL25 idea.

We too are 10 man exclusively, so we started doing FL10 5 man runs with some alts, and after my first pug on FL25 the other day & doing 39million dmg, im pretty sure we can manage doing 25 with 5-10 people.
Corpsicle
Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

I'm pretty sure I saw a video of a FL 25 man kill with only 4 people in raid, using 2 demolishers and stacking the pyrite debuff up to 10. I don't believe they did any overloads. That said, with 10 using all the demolishers and 1 siege engine, should be fairly doable to do FL25 with your guild.

Looking at your gear, I think the most likely to be upgraded pieces you have are neck and bracers. Bracers drop off FL on both 10 and 25 man or can be bought with valor badges (I'd hold out for the FL ones personally). Necks are from Ulduar 25, Malygos Quest rewards, Nax 25 runs, Ulduar 25 badges, or Kologarn. For necks, all available are good but you have to decide what stats you prefer as well as the relative availability. If you can pug a nax 25 run and get the quest item off Saph 25, and in turn get the 25 man Malygos kill to complete quest, then the neck from that is quite good and is competitive with the necks from Ulduar and Ulduar 25 badges - it is likely the potentially highest stamina neck in the game (excluding 25 man hard mode drops). Other necks that are accessible to a ten man raid team are going to be the Ulduar 25 badge neck and the Kologarn 10 man neck. Between those two, the choice is Hit Rating vs Armor.

Personally, I'd go ahead and get the neck with conquest badges. It is a strong piece and brings one of your last two "low" slots up to the level of the rest of your gear. Yes, the upgrade of T8 to T8.5 chest may be bigger, but the time to get that is longer - and you'll be able to farm the badges much easier in 3.2 or just get the t9.10 gear to upgrade the chest instead. I think you'll get more relative value from getting badge neck considering you can get it now, and your only other 'real' options are the armor neck from kologarn and the Maly 25 neck from the quest reward (which can be a pita to pug for).
gibborim
Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 am

Re: Spending Conquest as 10 Man Raider

Corpsicle wrote:I'm pretty sure I saw a video of a FL 25 man kill with only 4 people in raid, using 2 demolishers and stacking the pyrite debuff up to 10. I don't believe they did any overloads. That said, with 10 using all the demolishers and 1 siege engine, should be fairly doable to do FL25 with your guild.


I'm sure you could also pick up a ton of randoms for a quick FL monday nights. Get 15-20 people and you could probablly do 1 tower up easily enough for an extra badge.