Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.2 BIS List

Kyandra
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:40 pm

3.2 BIS List

I was wondering if anyone has played around with any of the BIS gear lists to include rankings from items available in 3.2. Not just the new tier gear, but crafted items as well?

In particular, I am wondering how the Indestructable Plate Girdle, and the Spiked Deathdealers will compare to 3.2 loot. Im 3 Runed orbs away from crafting my spiked Deathdealers, and a guildmate made me stop and think.

Is it still worth it with the patch coming soon?

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say yes.. But he did ask a very good question.
Salamandra
Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Re: 3.2 BIS List

They're far, far worse than the 25-man drops I've seen. They're not worth it for 3.2 purposes if you'd be able to get the things from the new 25-man instance quite quickly,
Kyandra
Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: 3.2 BIS List

Heh.. "If" Thats a big word. How far in are those drops you're mentioning? Are there links anywhere? Are they normal drops or hard drops?
Cidx
Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: 3.2 BIS List

Seeing as how atleast 70% of 3.2 loot hasn't been discovered/added/nerfed/buffed it's tough to say BIS. However the belt and boots are current BIS meaning entering 3.2 with them is wise.
Marrus
Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:01 pm

Re: 3.2 BIS List

Crusader's Coliseum 10 Man Normal Tank Belt - Less stamina, more avoidance compared to Indestructible Plate Girdle. Basically a side-grade, but IPG looks to be a bit better.

Crusader's Coliseum 10 Man Normal Tank Boots - Almost equal stamina (using epic solids), very slightly less avoidance, +40 hit vs +25 str, a bit more armor, vs Spiked Deathdealers. Again a side-grade. Coliseum looks a bit better if you aren't hit capped, otherwise SD.

YMMV as far as actually getting them to drop, but if you're able to get runed orbs through raiding, you should be able to get 3.2 equivalents as well fairly easily.

The 25 Man Normal Belt and Boots are indisputably better than IPG and SD. I haven't even looked at Heroic or Triumph emblem loot.
halabar
Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 3.2 BIS List

This is the first time I can remember that so little info was put together on the new patches' gear this close to the patch.
kanst
Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: 3.2 BIS List

halabar wrote:This is the first time I can remember that so little info was put together on the new patches' gear this close to the patch.


This is part of why im really doubtful the patch is next week. Also there have been no announcements about the arena season ending, which is always a good indicator. Even though I am in the minority I dont expect the patch for another 3+ weeks.
Dobbelsteen
Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Re: 3.2 BIS List

Imo it's more fun finding out what gear drops where when the patch is actually live instead of planning 2 weeks in advance exactly what items you need or not.
But that's just me, I like surprises
Braundo
Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: 3.2 BIS List

Dobbelsteen wrote:Imo it's more fun finding out what gear drops where when the patch is actually live instead of planning 2 weeks in advance exactly what items you need or not.
But that's just me, I like surprises

Agreed. At least for the first few weeks, I like to be surprised. Every time a boss goes down, it's like Christmas morning!