Skip to content
Maintankadin

for 3.2 should I start gearing for BV ?

sealava
Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:34 am

for 3.2 should I start gearing for BV ?

that is for Ulduar ofc
whats your thoughts? as 3.2 is almost here :D
anthony
Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:46 am

Re: for 3.2 should I start gearing for BV ?

I would say no because even though we are going to have double the BV would you really wanna be taking 25k hits and blocking about 3k of it or dodge/parry it. I would say its useful slightly but dont go out of your way to get the BV gear just get gear thats an upgrade and if its got BV on it then its just a bonus.
Modal
Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: for 3.2 should I start gearing for BV ?

Block value becomes an ok stat, but the sad fact is that most BV gear has useless block rating on it, too. But don't turn your nose up at better itemized BV pieces, like t8 gloves and t9 shoulders.
Nadir
Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:49 am

Re: for 3.2 should I start gearing for BV ?

Remember, there isn't any trash in the Argent Coliseum. You'll still want to focus on stamina, armor, and avoidance over block value as a main tank. However, we're going to have to eat at least one or two block value pieces in order to maintain our T9 4P bonus.
Barathorn
Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:43 am

Re: for 3.2 should I start gearing for BV ?

Computer says no.

No need to, if it comes then so be it. As mentioned above, T9 will probably play the biggest part in your BV gearing selection.

Barathorn