Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Gear that just continues to Elude you?

Tiranknight
Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:55 am

The Gear that just continues to Elude you?

Was thinking about the complete randomness of loot drops and thought this would be an interesting topic.. seeing as how you can look at the tale of Two Tanks. One who can go through 2 weeks of raiding and have just about every single upgrade they need to drop... and another who could spend months raiding without ever seeing what they want to drop.

So in your experiences what are the Items you've searched for high and low, farmed till exhaustion, fought valiantly for time, and time again, but just have never seen drop?


-In my case I've been trying to run 10 man Maly for months now... and still have not seen the Shield drop. I've seen every other possible drop on the Loot table except the Barricade.

-Ironbark Faceguard never drops either in 10 Uld... but I've been running that far less frequently so maybe there's a chance soon.

-I had to go through around 14,15.. Four Horsemen kills before I finally got Broken Promise... now I've upgraded to Titanguard, but wow I remember wanting that sword so badly for a while.
Koatanga
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:24 am

Re: The Gear that just continues to Elude you?

I had terrible luck back in BC going for the Dragonspine Trophy for my rogue. I must have killed Gruul 30 times or more and never got the damned thing.

Thus far I have had much better luck on my pally, although epic stam trinkets still elude me, including the new one from ToC norm. But I did get Shiver and the Boreal Guard quite quickly, for which I am grateful to the RNG.
Grehn|Skipjack
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:49 am

Re: The Gear that just continues to Elude you?

Moroes' Pocket Watch
The Black Heart
Essence of Gossamer

Mercifully, the Commendation came to me around the 7th run, but I tend to have horrible luck with Trinkets.
Tiranknight
Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:17 am

Re: The Gear that just continues to Elude you?

Shields seem to be my weakness... back in BC I had the Shattered Sun Pally Shield forever...

countless Gruul runs, and ZA runs... I was hoping and wishing for a new shield... eventually a Amani Bulwark dropped after much pain and suffering.
Lid
Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:56 am

Re: The Gear that just continues to Elude you?

I have horrible drops with weapons. I've had multiple chances to get Titanguard, Last Laugh, and Legacy of Thunder, but I'm still alternating between stoneguard and broken promise.

I was considering the peacekeeper place, but I just really want something that I can stick a stupidly expensive enchant on, and call it my 3.2 weapon, until my guild gets geared enough to do the crusader coliseum.

On another note - the trinket, the black heart never drops for me. I was hoping to run double stam trinket for fights that require it, but maybe I'll just stick with my ignis trinkets.
Vrimmel
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:39 am

Re: The Gear that just continues to Elude you?

I just got the shield from the new 25-man on first attempt.
Barathorn
Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:28 am

Re: The Gear that just continues to Elude you?

Guys and Girls,

I appreciate this thread and subsequent posts were made with good intentions but we have had threads like this in the past [RSoC Thread as an example] and while I appreciate the frustration that not getting drops brings, it is not where we are going again. Please post your frustrations in the frustrations thread, this includes your love/hate relationship with the RNG. I will continue to lock threads like this.

Barathorn