Skip to content
Maintankadin

Libram of Defiance (bad news)

ticklefist
Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:56 am

Libram of Defiance (bad news)

Doesn't seem to work as part of a Libram Swapping macro. Just never procs.

Close to 100% up time if not used in a Libram Swapping Macro.

Still undecided if I want to continue using it or carry on with the Libram of Obstruction/Sacred Shield swapping.

Edit: I checked to see if the buff was being wiped if the libram was removed, this is not the case. It simply never procs.
ticklefist
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:58 am

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

Looked at it a lil further. It will activate in a macro, but only if it's been equipped for a short bit before hand. Sort of like trinkets, how you can not use their on use feature within 30 seconds of equipping them. Still means no libram swapping.

I'm probably sticking with the LoO/LotSS swapping. The mitigation seems like greater overall damage reduction than the 2.9% Dodge I'd be getting but may still be comparable. The threat boost's the kicker.

Still looking for other opinions, findings, or possible swap workaround.
Nadir
Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 am

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

In terms of lowering individual hit size, LoO and LoSS are superior. In terms of lowering total damage taken over time, Libram of Defiance is superior to even a macro'd combination of LoO and LoSS.

Let's look at a scenario of three minute fight that consists of 225, 100k damage pre-mitigated hits. This is about ~26k damage per hit, post mitigation.

Let's say you have 61.0% raid buffed avoidance and use LoO/LoSS. Now let's switch in Libram of Defiance. Your avoidance will shoot up to 63.7%. This 2.7% gain in avoidance and 624 decrease in BV lowers total damage taken by 4% more than the BV macro combination. In the confines of this example, you'd need approximately 1325 BV pre-Redoubt to break even with the 2.7% gain in avoidance in terms of damage taken over time.
ticklefist
Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:56 am

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

True enough, I added in the hits I'd be avoiding as well as the ones I'd be taking when I saw the 2 BV librams as being greater than 5% in reduction.

Even with all of that said, the threat boost is what's keeping me interested.
Candiru
Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

Libram of the Sacred shield has a 20s duration, so maybe you could use that and LoD in a macro / addon switcher?

If you only switch in the LotSS every 20s, then you will have enough time to rebuff LoD? I think LoD has a 6s ICD, so as long as its only unequiped briefly we should be fine...
Oldpappa
Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

What mod are you using for Libram swapping or did you all use a macro? I used that mod and didn't like it at all, my TPS suffered because of all the global CDs ... maybe I'm doing something wrong but I set up the mod like I should have.
Linkk
Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:07 pm

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

If you are worried about TPS, just get the libram of Valiance which gives you an extra 200 str when using SoV.
kanst
Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

Linkk wrote:If you are worried about TPS, just get the libram of Valiance which gives you an extra 200 str when using SoV.


I was curious if this would turn out to be more threat then the two block value librams, I doubt it but I am not sure.
Widdox
Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

I did a lot of tests with the libram swapping macros. The loss of white swings with full SoV stack, ended up loosing more threat than what I gained with the extra block value.
ticklefist
Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

Linkk wrote:If you are worried about TPS, just get the libram of Valiance which gives you an extra 200 str when using SoV.


I'm not. Just saying it has a bit of sway.
ticklefist
Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

Widdox wrote:I did a lot of tests with the libram swapping macros. The loss of white swings with full SoV stack, ended up loosing more threat than what I gained with the extra block value.


You know I hadn't considered that since the SoV change.
PsiVen
Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:52 am

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

I believe any libram with an ICD works this way, the ones we traditionally swap were simply not procs but abilities that automatically activate.
Awyndel
Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

So basicly if you want that 90% uptime on this dodge libram you have to give up on libram swapping altogether?
Corman
Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

Silly Q, but is libram swapping acceptable or is it an exploit? It would seem to me that by ordering things a certain way, we're avoiding the GCD by having two GCDs pop in such a way the one doesnt have time to lock out the other? I'd hate to leave free threat and mitigation on the table but would be hesitant of exploit abuse.
Oldpappa
Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Libram of Defiance (bad news)

I tested the Defiance libram yesterday on the dummy, it does have about a 90% uptime, meaning in practical terms, it is almost up every time and if you don't get a proc within the 3 CDs it always did it on the 4th (at least from my tests). It does change the 1.88 parry / dodge rule, so if you plan on using this libram I would switch out some dodge for some parry gems.

I personally think this is a very very nice Libram

on a side note, I too found libram swapping a an overall lower tps due to the global CDs