Skip to content
Maintankadin

Quite confused when building my lootlist

Andox
Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:54 am

Quite confused when building my lootlist

This patch confused the hell out of me. I just came back from a 1 month long vacation and I find myself with four modes, 10m normal, 10m heroic, 25m normal and 25m heroic. As I understood it the difference between 25m normal and 25m heroic is how hard the mobs hit, and of course slightly better loot. Or did it yield more loot from a chest in the end? Anyway this is what my problem is all about.

How do I build my lootlist? Rawr and Wowhead is quite confusing now. How do I pick out the loot from 25 m normal and 25 m heroic? I'm in a 25 m guild atm, but I don't have the info if we are doing normal or heroic difficulty. Wowhead still got two tables, one normal and one heroic. Is the normal for both 10 and 25mans and the same for the heroic one? Like I have to check the itemlevels on the gear to distinguish the 25 man gear?

Or is there an easier way? Please enlighten me!
KysenMurrin
Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: Quite confused when building my lootlist

10 man and 25 man modes are the same as the ones previously labelled Normal and Heroic. At the moment the only raid using the new Heroic modes is Trial of the Crusader, and these modes will not be accessible until you have cleared them on Normal 10 or 25 player mode. The new modes are essentially the replacement for "hard mode" encounters that were activated by a trigger.

And it looks like Wowhead have updated their tables, previously they'd lumped all the loot into the Normal column, but now I see Normal 10 and Normal 25. Doesn't look like they have Heroic mode loot up yet.

The loot itself in Trial is in three tiers (ilevel 232/245/258), with Normal 25-man and Heroic 10-man being of the same loot quality. Loot in Heroic modes is the same as Normal mode loot for that raid size, sharing the same name and model, but with stats increased for the higher ilevel. 25-man Heroic loot is labelled "Heroic" in the item tooltip.
Andox
Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Quite confused when building my lootlist

Sorry for being stupid, but Trial of the Crusader and Trial of the Grand Crusader, that is normal (Crusader) and heroic (Grand Crusader)? I think some stuff are starting to look better in my head now, but well, I'm still quite confused. At least I found the 25m normal drops ( http://www.wowhead.com/?zone=4722#normal-25-drops ) so I can start building my lootlist.

Just to clear this up, the loot from 25m normal, it got itemlevel 245, right? And the tier 9 is bought with Trophy of the Crusade + X Emblem of Triumph. The weird thing for me is that we have three tiersets, right? How do they separate from each other?
KysenMurrin
Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:38 pm

Re: Quite confused when building my lootlist

That's right, re: Crusader/Grand Crusader.

The tier sets are in the same steps as the raid loot (using alliance names):
10 man normal: 232, all bought with Emblem of Triumph - Turalyon's Plate of Conquest.
10 man Heroic & 25 man Normal: 245, bought with Trophy and Emblem of Triumph - Turalyon's Plate of Triumph.
25 man Heroic: 258, bought with Trophy only - Turalyon's Plate of Triumph (Heroic).
Andox
Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Quite confused when building my lootlist

Ah thank you KysenMurrin and Invisusira, now I have the whole picture! That helped a lot. Though it's quite annoying that I don't seem to find anything for neck, feet and weapon. Guess they will show up later :wink: