Skip to content
Maintankadin

DPS or Tanking 1H

Abito
Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:27 pm

DPS or Tanking 1H

As I was looking at future weapon upgrades I started looking at this.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48513

Now, assuming we don't need the def rating from our weapon, what are your thoughts on using this? With a 30 Stam gem thats 129 stanima, not to mention the threat it will put it. It has more dps then some current 2 handers lol. What do you guys think?
Petrus
Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: DPS or Tanking 1H

That is going to be an amazing threat weapon, and its stamina is incredible. If I could get a 2200 rating, I would totally pick one up ASAP and use it if I could lose the defense on my current weapon (though not in all situations, obviously - a lot of the time, a normal tanking weapon would be better).
Jasari
Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Re: DPS or Tanking 1H

The resil will help maintain uncrittability, even if you go a little below 540 defense. The 2200 rating is a limiting factor for sure though.
fudomyou
Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: DPS or Tanking 1H

I'd prefer a tank weapon - your job isn't to do amazing DPS, even though Blizzard has said that DPS is an important part of the tank's job as well. The only situations where I'd switch this in would be for burn phases and hard modes that test my threat gen. I haven't hit the latter yet, while the former isn't a problem with our current DPS.
Petrus
Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: DPS or Tanking 1H

Consider, also, that it has 12 more base stamina than the best tanking weapon available.
Ragingsoul
Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:09 am

Re: DPS or Tanking 1H

I would more go with a classic dps weapon, that has hit rating on it, if you want to go for threat.
I'm thinking of taking both, since, for the ones that haven't noticed, the tanking weapon from 10men hard has 550armor on it, which is really nice for EH fight, and take a dps weapon maybe, for threat or normal content, since T9 has a LOT of defense, you don't even need to care about 540 anymore.