I'm using a ret paladin as an example "name holder" here only. You're right they have additional benefits beyond the scope of raid buffs mentioned. Though I'd point out that judges can be done by any raid paladin, and hand of sacrifice would probably be most used on the retadin himself.
So, if it makes you analyze the situation better, replace ret paladin with a fury warrior. Consider a raid with Imp blessing of might, a feral druid, a prot warrior or warlock, etc. What unique and useful debuffs/buffs/tricks would they have a raid would feel merits them over something else?
Intervene? Charge? I don't think someone in a pve setting would consider these desirable in a DPS to merit a spot. So, with less assumed DPS than a rogue, they can become a liability.
Then repeat for boomkin, etc. In an optimal set up (which progression favors) there will have to be a loser unless unique glyphs and similar DPS make up for buff loss.
Perhaps this is more pertinent for other DPS or healer classes than a retadin.
Elsie
Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:50 am

