Skip to content
Maintankadin

We got an INTERRUPT! (*cha cha cha)

Lumennon
Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:26 am
I just don't get it. We get an interrupt and so many people have nothing better to do than COMPLAIN about it. I have not seen a SINGLE complaint about HoJ being on such a long cooldown when there were long discussions about the possibilities of introducing an interrupt to the Paladin class.

So why is it everybody is complaining NOW instead of saying "Nah, let them put it on Shield Shlammage or Judgement, HoJ has way too long cooldownz lulz." beforehand? Sure, those two suggestions in particular have been made, but I haven't seen ANYONE who said he would mind HoJ being the solution.

That said, this is a truly awesome change. Not many issues left that we have to be truly happy with the package blizzard prepared for us in Wrath.

In fact, I almost shed a tear or two when I read this. This and our beloved Charger no longer bouncing ridiculously with its tail (most awesome pally change evar) makes playing a Paladin truly worthwhile again. xD
_________________


But I NEED Tacos! I need them or I will explode... That happens to me sometimes!
Macha
Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:27 am
We didn't need an interrupt, we're just focussing on it because we got a shiny new thing and think we should be happy about it. In the real game, tanks only use their interrupts when the DPS are failures. Several fights are harder when the tank is supposed to interrupt.


An interrupt never was our issue, nor will it solve any, an interrupt does nothing against silences, huge-bolts-that-almost-oneshot-you-and-need-to-be-spellreflected, or fear. Warriors aren't affected by one of the three, and have excellent tools against the other two.
What we'd really need is something like the Spell Warding blessing from Illidari council. Selfcast only, 1 charge, 3s duration or so, about 30sec CD.
In return, they could move berserker rage off the stance requirement. Would help their aggro generation too.

Interestingly, such a blessing (or minibubble only working against spells) would basically take care of silence(if silence is on a set CD), fear (since fear is almost always seen in a castbar) and every reflectable spell there is, giving warriors an advantage(higher aggro) but making the fights still possible for us. They could give druids the same (call it Faery Ward or something like that) and warriors/DKs already have stuff like that, roughly.

Fizzgig
Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:56 am
While i'm with you that it's fine how it currently is, it's completely possible that thats one of the things people don't realize or focus on when ideas are popping out. Now that it's a reality in front of everyone a lot of people are comparing to other classes since it's actually there now to compare.
_________________
Lumennon
Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:06 am
Good point. I didn't want to rant anyway, it just came over me. Didn't mean any offense to anyone.

Let's just celebrate and bathe in the glory of everything that does not have any significant drawbacks when compared to other classes' abilities (and our new, tail-bouncy-free-holy-poop-aura-mount).

YAY =D
_________________


But I NEED Tacos! I need them or I will explode... That happens to me sometimes!
Omatre
Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:08 pm
Is there a HoJ CD reducing glyph? I swear I saw something in relation to it (reduces CD by 2 sec or something like that?) But mmo-champion's Inscriptions thing is so piss poorly maintained with updates as to call it practically worthless to use as a reference.

Anyone? I mean, if you got talented @ 30 seconds, and maybe 4-6 seconds there, you're in line with other classes for interrupt abilities, but not so overwhelmingly overpowerful in its use to basically say you lock out spellcasters.
_________________

Worldie
Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:48 pm
There's a HoJ duration increasing glyph.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Worldie
Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:31 pm
just as FYI, Shield bash and Pummel share CD
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
fiorina
Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:04 pm
@ current beta, HoJ doesn't interrupt btw. Only interrupt we have is glyphed exorcism... Usable on Kel'Thuzad for example.
_________________
And remember the lesson you learned as a child... If you dont QQ - you have to sit there in your piss.
Smite
Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:38 pm
Its probably the next patch.
Thorgred
Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:43 pm
We have an interrupt now. We didn't before.
That's a buff, at no cost to anything else.

Considering that I primarily tank heroics or kara/za, an interrupt would be awesome.

However, IMO, linking it to HoJ is not the real solution.
In my experience in heroics, the reason I want someone to interrupt a mob is so I can get it into my consecrate. HoJ still stuns trash, which makes it less usable as an interrupt.
On bosses this will be great (as most people in 5/10 mans are too interested in the DPS meter to bother with kicks).

However I'd like to see an interrupt/silence linked to another ability. IMO Avenger's shield is still the prime candidate and most needs this interrupt.

Reasons AS should silence/interrupt:
1) It's a pulling tool: silencing mobs will pull them towards you
2) It's on a 30 second cooldown: Not overpowered, but better than 3pts in Imp HoJ to get that on cooldown.
3) it's only available to Prot pallies - if the change is really intended so that tankadins can tank casters, Ret doesn't need it (OTOH, ret gaining an interrupt on bosses could be a huge boon to the spec)