Skip to content
Maintankadin

We got an INTERRUPT! (*cha cha cha)

Majiben
Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:04 pm
The one trouble I see our silence being tied to AS is that AS will be a high threat mana dump for boss tanking. The idea of Hammer of righteousness having a silence attached with and reduced damage is very appealing as a sigle target pulling tool. The cooldown would have to be increased lest paladins would kill casters without effort in PvP.
_________________
Majiben
fiorina
Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:33 pm
Another thing, since HoJ is on global cooldown as all our abilities, its rather hard to interrupt properly unless its 3+ seconds casting time.

I've tried today on Kel'Thuzad (it was exorcism, but same story) and I have to stop my rotation more or less if I want to make sure that interrupt will land.

I really dislike how our tanking is getting plagues by global cooldowns. More and more abilities, but you can't use them when you want.
_________________
And remember the lesson you learned as a child... If you dont QQ - you have to sit there in your piss.
Sartor
Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:26 am
Does HoJ already has its announced Interrupt effect on the Beta?

On the PTR is seems it does not. I guess it will be implemented in the next push.
_________________
Passionario
Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:14 am
Any news on the duration of school lockout yet?
_________________
Paladins do it in missionary.
Mithos
Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:09 pm
THis is quite awesome news, long CD yeah but it's something, would be nice to have it off the GCD tbh.
_________________

Relel
Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:53 pm
They should of made this:

Shield of the roighteousness: usual effect + Interrupts HARMFUL spell casts
Karbon
Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:49 pm
I just don't think we should have the mindset of, "Oh well at LEAST they gave us something." We should get something similar to Warriors if we are supposed to hold end game Tanking spots.

I see a lot of people saying DPS should do the silencing, and I agree, but I think we all know you can't always rely on them to do it. Especially when not running with people you're familiar with. I personally follow the old adage, " If you want it done right you have to do it yourself." On a fight like Shade I can understand, but I say the more you can silence, the more DPS they can put out.

I really just don't see what the big deal would be about giving us Shield Bash, I mean, we have a shield right? Smile
Mithos
Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:53 pm
Tbh if they make the interupt effect lock someone down for 6-8 seconds, that's almost comparable to the mage CS (24sec CD/8sec lockdown). We are not warriors, there is a reason why on fights that require frequent interupts, melee DPS have an interupt rotation. You DO NOT rely on a single tank to interupt everything, and the encounter is not tuned for such.

This is for spot interupting or emergencies.
_________________

Garwin
Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:38 am
personally I'm likeing it, it's finally giving me the option to interupt where I had none before..

magtheradon muppet tanking is finally something that I might be able to do solo rather than having to tie up another interupter/dps just to my mob purely because I can't stop his heal/aoe-deathbolts (or indeed what ever the next equivilet fight is going to be)

I think to to compliment thise ability I'd like to see Improved HoJ change to tier 3 and made a 2 point talent (decrease by 15/30 seconds) thus making room for the 11 pointer talent

I'd also like to see a glyph for this to shave another 6/10 second off the cooldown
Corman
Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:51 am
I personally welcome this as it gives us a focal point for balancing. Now you can say, Warriors have a better interrupt, we need pallies to have something better and even it out... yeah i know it seems right now we have comparative abilities and lose in all of them but I can't see them carrying this forward...

plus...

Aren't there awesome things called glyphs? Heck:

Glyph of Gimme Interrupt
Your Cooldown for HoJ is halved but it loses the ability to stun.
tah-dah? I'm sure they could do something kewl like that?

As a tank I'd take that (as Ret I'd get the 2 sec increase, at least in pvp)