Skip to content
Maintankadin

Single Target Taunt Glyph - Blizzard Response

Belloc
Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:35 pm
There's nothing wrong with giving us a single-target taunt. I certainly wouldn't mind having one. The fact is that we don't need it.

It would make certain fights easier, but we've managed well enough without it and we will continue to do so. Seriously, once we're all fighting 4HM and killing the first add before the taunt becomes an issue, we'll stop complaining. When we're fighting Heigan and not having any issues, people will forget that it was ever a consideration.
Belloc
Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:49 pm
Having a backup taunt makes the most sense out of any argument, in my opinion. I won't ever argue against that. I'd also like to see our taunt fixed with regards to failure-upon-boss-switching-targets.
Fridmarr
Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:30 pm
I don't think anyone is saying that it's impossible, but it adds a difficulty only caused by a pally tank who is supposed to be relatively equal. Really these bosses are merely icing on the cake, there's ample enough reason based purely on TBC content, to justify having a backup taunt. It has been one of the things we have been requesting since our first peek at our beta skills. On the other side of the coin, there's no good reason not to have one.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
Jellodyne
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:00 am

RD on mob

It sounds like some of the people having difficulty with RD when the mob switches targets are targeting the raid member who should have aggro rather than casting directly on the mob. As of 2.3 I believe you can RD directly on the mob, which is effectively the same as RDing on the mob's target at the instant you cast. Prior to that I always used a targettarget macro to the same result.

I haven't had any wierd failures, even if the mob switches targets while I'm reaching for the button since the cast always finds the person with aggro.

Of course doing it that way I have had cases where another tank beats me to the taunt and I end up peeling 3 mobs off HIM instead of a clothie, which is always fun. (/y HALP! /healme) But I probably also got the mob I wanted.
aureon
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:22 am
can't we taunt and HoSalv the other tank ?_?
_________________
Tankadin
Spec RET. That's what Uther wanted.