Skip to content
Maintankadin

WotLK Beta Testing Thread

Briana
Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Ret Aura

The question hasn't been asked, but I'll answer it before I go out of town for the weekend. I played around in the beta a bit today. Before the expansion, I had approx. 430 spell damage and 15800 hps in my tanking gear. Without changing a thing, I now have 850 - 900 spell damage and 16100 hps. Apparently there is a hp buff in there somewhere.

In addition, the standard retribution aura now hits for 62 damage. However, with all that spell damage, it now hits mobs for 122 damage. That is without the imp. ret aura talent.
Quacky
Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:11 pm

WoTLK Mechanics Question

1. With Heart of the Crusader and 3 paladins in a raid.

Can each one spec into HotC and judge a different ability, Justice, Wisdom, Light and get 9% raid crit?

2. Do immunity effects such as Hand of Protection and Divine shield temporary sets your threat to zero or prevents you from being a target of all attacks/melee attacks like it does now? What about immunity effects from additive dmg reductions (imp intervine/pain suppression/etc) in Wotlk?

3. Do npcs still have baseline 5% dodge/parry/blocked and being missed at same level and +.2% per level higher like they do now? What about npcs chances to be hit with spells?

4. One last question, are our abilities such as consecration/shield of the righteousness/hammer of righteousness considered spells and so the GCD can be lower than 1.5 seconds with Wraith of Air totem? Does this mean swapping gear with a macro keeps the GCD at 1.5 seconds since it's not a spell. Asking this because WrOA alone with imp ret aura will give us 1.3 GCD's from spells. That means instead of 5 GCD in 8 second cycle, we get 6. That is a huge difference.
Yinramu
Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:26 pm
One question that's been jumping up in my mind a lot as I read through threads is how viable Seal of Blood is going to be now? There's been a little bit of discussion about using a warrior mitigation weapon with Hammer of the Righteous, and I recall that the largest reason the seal was shot down was because of how much better our threat is with a spelldamage weapon.

With the changes to stamina affecting spelldamage, this new talent and the addition of a shield slam like ability - will Seal of Blood/Martyr be a good tanking seal compared to our other options in SoR, and SoV/C?

One place I'm especially curious about is in single target tanking - on bosses that might otherwise drop our mana regen due to not hitting often enough, or not hitting hard enough, or for offtanking, where we might not be taking steady enough damage to keep up a solid rotation for threat I can see this becoming a very, very potent tool - much more so than it currently is.

I've been poking around to see if I can find if this has been discussed at all - if anyone knows of a thread where it is, I'd be interested to see other thoughts.
_________________

Yinramu- Hyjal
Worldie
Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:12 pm
seal of corruption is the horde version if seal of vengeance, exactly the same

edit: i'm pretty sure it's only the alphaers and WWIs at the moment.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Ossuary
Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:38 am
(soon as / if i) get a beta key ill work immediatelly to help out here.
Still waiting with abated breath.... *check email*
_________________
Gideon
Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:02 am
I would like to know what the new strength to block value conversion is.

I already have to be level 99 for the build I want, don't make me spec Divine Strength as well.
_________________
Gideon
Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:10 am
Too kind.
_________________
Sharlos
Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:29 am
wow, that solves having block value on plate DK's might be using.

And makes strength f earth totem interesting (giving strength and agi)
Sark
Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:45 am
With the changes in mechanics and with deathfrost appearing to proc from consecrate on untargeted mobs

Would it be beneficial to have a Spelldamage weapon with Deathfrost for aoe pulls


A "Warrior" style tank weapon with spell damage for boss tanking

(the opposite of what i have now, what...deathfrost looks PIMP on suneater Very Happy )
_________________
Switch Benediction and Deflection!

http://armorylite.com/us/Aerie+Peak/sarkanus