Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking Classes Compilation for WotLK - Last update 17 OCT

Holyfuri
Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:44 am
Is it assumed now that we will be looking for rogue weapons? I personally believed, with what I have ready, that we would be sharing tanking weapons with warriors, with the only downside being the weapon speed difference.

Personally I think I would take a little faster weapon for less HotR damage and some good tank stats on a weapon over a slower weapon and no tanking stats.

Of course a dps weapon with a slow speed and straight attack power might be useful... maybe I missed it, has there been any math done on this yet?

Also, just found this so you can show crushing blow removal as confirmed for raid bosses....

Snake-Aes
Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:08 am
Crits don't cause double threat. The threat per damage ratio on a normal hit is identical to that of a critical hit.
Summing up:
1: Slam
2: let the dpser pull
3: calculate the threat he generated
4: calculate the threat you had so his threat would pull
_________________
Promoted from Spankadin to Rayearth Magic Knight!
Definitely not Konata-chan.
Blutreich
Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:25 am
just for clarification abilitys with AP and AP coefficients, does it take witch ever is highest or both together?
_________________

Sinnegorth
Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:09 am
Great info - please keep this stuff coming.

I am already the MT of my guild but warrior tanks are in even more trouble with this new stuff...