Skip to content
Maintankadin

Lol Lore (Post about prot pally shield slams)

Sonic
Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:43 pm
I read this as in Lore = back story at first...

dear lord 14k ShoR.... I wonder what we'll be pushing at the end of xpac when going after arthas....
fafhrd
Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:29 pm
I considered going for the "Lore Master" title for this reason alone.
_________________

The original Level 70 Lore-stalker
Neuron
Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:06 pm


The best I could do.

Autoblocker
mother libram
wings
some random spec with most of the block value talents (15% str)
using re-itemized T6 with 644 str unbuffed
using the 2% kings
_________________
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Worldie
Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:14 pm
Failure, you didn't bless kings for 10% more str.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Sonic
Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:09 pm
Ya know as impressive as the 12-14k sheild crits are... I notice everyone getting them trends to be in T6 gear.

Does anyone have numbers from using just the Nax gear?
Worldie
Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:45 am
I don't see how can someone possibly do 14k non crit with ShoR, would need something like 4-5k BV.

My crits in "standard" gear are about in line with that (altho i'm now almost 80)

_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Neuron
Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:56 am
yes it was a crit.

non crit without any buffs and procs I avg 4600 dmg
crit without buffs/procs it was something like 6600

the above picture is rigged i have most of the important buffs and procs and i am intentionally wearing gear for block value (if you notice i dropped below 490 D).

I was practicing wearing the blue pre-naxx gear but really it has less STR. granted i never did icecrown, all of stormpeaks, or any heroic, so these are "leveling blues". but since they re-itemized T6 to have 0 SD and a bunch of STR instead, I just use it.

I also grind as prot and leveled 79-80 as prot in the blue prot quest reward and low level instance drops. as long as you use seal of wisdom, judge wisdom, blessing of wisdom, dont consecrate, and use our new bloodrage/evocate talent alot, you can do pretty well with grinding and dmg from sor/hotr. Even enough mana to cast AS again and use how.
_________________
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Splug
Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:59 am
There's a very high likelihood that the rediculous shield slam / shield of righteousness damage takes a hit. I'm guessing we'll see an increase in HotR and devastate damage (the latter has already happened) to compensate, resulting in the same total damage but less streaky crits. The potential abuse in pvp alone seems to make a very strong case for exactly that.

After all, just look at Scourge Strike. That WAS ~9k+ with a one-hander in tempered saronite armor, it's now ~3k-4k in the same conditions - and that's with a +30% damage on crit talent.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
kurros
Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:07 am
I think it is likely that it will get slightly nerfed, but I don't feel that it NEEDS to be nerfed.

Would it really be all that bad if protection spec warriors and paladins were viable in PvP? With resilience you will probably never crit in arena, arena is all about the healing reduction of wound poison and mortal strike, burst is nice but with massive resilience it's not enough to win fights on it's own.
_________________
Elsie
Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:42 am
Would like everyone to remember that the 14k+ crits aren't in 'normal' tanking gear entirely.

Not that they aren't quite large.