Skip to content
Maintankadin

teh macroz

lusisia
Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:48 pm
I guess I can understand wanting to have a single keybind but castsequence keybinds always felt like cheating to me.

I actually enjoy having the freedom to drop something else in situationally and not be worried about what "state" my castsequence key is in.
_________________

"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
Kelaan
Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:04 pm
Does pressing

1 3 2 4 1 5 2 3 ....... make you more situationally aware than pressing 1 2 1 2 1 2 .... does? I don't think so. If anything, my experience as a hunter tells me that spammable macros enable me to pay MORE attention to what is going on, rather than which key to mash.

Sure, keep single use ones elsewhere, for Special Cases. But ... I won't call a castsequence "cheating".
Moses
Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:24 pm
/castsequence reset=18 Holy Shield, Shield of Righteousness, Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous, Judgement of Wisdom, Shield of Righteousness, Holy Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Consecration, Shield of Righteousness, Judgement of Wisdom, Hammer of the Righteous

You can use up to 255 characters in a macro if i recall correctly.

Should work right. Personally I'm just gonna to it all manually, I always did all my hunter shots manually and though I couldn't just faceroll it, I could relocate a lot easier.
_________________
Dolore
Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:29 pm
#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Judgement of Light; [modifier:alt] Judgement of Justice; Judgement of Wisdom


not sure if I found it on here or on the beta forums, but I've been using this from lvl70-76, 1 button takes the place of 3, and works perfectly so far
_________________
Neganur
Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:44 pm
something that kept annoying me is while abilities are on cd and one of the mobs I attack dies, autoattack stops.

using a similar '6s' macro to the one Faythe did post but adding

/cancelaura Greater Blessing of Salvation
/startattack

in front.

Good to see you found a new home Brekke, gl with the trial!
_________________
fuzzygeek
Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:59 pm
I also always put a reset=alt in my castsequence macros so I can easily reset them as necessary.
_________________
PsiVen
Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:12 pm
It's a very intuitive rotation to learn manually and [as I've elaborated on thoroughly in the past] I don't at all endorse sequencing it into a macro.

Rotations are guidelines. I have done quite a lot of tanking with the new mechanics in Beta and it has only strengthened my stance.

But if you insist, all of our abilities are different enough that you still should have them on your bars to cast on demand. So if you use one it should be for convenience, not bar space.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Rival Psivenia, 70 Warriorlol
Psivenne, 60 Bare

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Celestira
Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:47 pm
I'll be using the judgment macro like above as well as similar ones to put HotR/Exorcism, Concecrate/Holy Wrath, HoJ/Arcane Torrent, the various bubbles, Flash/HL each on one button

Edit: Not a fan of cast sequence macros though. Takes all the fun out of it.
Rofladin
Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:43 pm
This probably isn't the place for it, but I'm desperate for information. Does anyone else use mouseover healing macros? And did they stop working properly in the current patch on PTR/beta? I can no longer mouseover unit frames, or friendly NPCs, only over friendly players.

With a simple [target=mouseover] conditional and nothing else, here is what happens:
- Over my unitframe, or a party/raid frame, it tells me I have no target.
- With myself or anything else targeted, it tells me I have no target.
- Over an NPC or hostile player I get the blue outline on my pointer, letting me click on something to cast.
- Over a friendly player, the macro functions normally. This is the only situation where it does!

Weird. I hope they fix it.

Oh, and... It was PsiVen who posted that thread, and it's a sticky. I should pay more attention Razz