What I don't understand is why Blizzard is so stubborn about not giving warriors a unique mount. Paladins get their charger, druids get flight form, death knights have a land
and flying mount. Warriors are the only tank without a unique mount, and it's very demoralizing. Everyone else has one, so why don't warriors?
Now, I'll give you that RD's mechanics are unreliable. The fact that it casts and gets nothing due to the occasional race condition is a bug that should be emphasized and fixed. The fact that you can get three other targets and not the one actively being targetted is problematic as well. The simplest fix I can come up with is to flag the current target for a taunt, check its target, and attempt to pull two more mobs off that player. That resolves the two issues I'd feel are bugs, as well as the necesity to be within 40 yards of an arbitrary player to taunt something in melee range. However, I have no idea how simple that would be to implement; it feels like all the tools should be there, but God only knows how everything's burried under layer upon layer of indirection and abstraction. Beyond that, the fallout from grabbing additional targets (while occasionally obnoxious and problematic) helps more often than not. The only time it actually creates a significant issue is when one (out of 16 possible) configuration of tanks is tanking one specific boss encounter, and even then there are work-arrounds. I can see why a single-target taunt would be viewed as non-essential. Fixing the oddities to the behavior resulting from race conditions, however, should be something on the list.
-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug