Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mana while not tanking?

Sarkan-ZdC
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:10 am
At least Plea + Replenishment should be something we will have in a OT-Situation.

Sacrifice? Why not? If I have Mana Probs I don't get enough damage in. So HoSac will not kill me (if, Bubblewall or so).

Just:

/y HALP!
/y Heal ME!
/y I get 20% of the Damage of %t for 12 Sec!
/cast Hand of Sacrifice
Zironic
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:14 am
That's just beautifull, hope you don't mind if I steal that ^^
Sari
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:21 am
Wouldnt it be better to use seal of blood when offtanking? Yeah it might do a little less threat than vengeance BUT youll get some mana back!
_________________
towelliee
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:10 am
I was Offtank last night in BT and I found myself 2nd in threat almost close to warrior at times on lets say Gurtogg. But after about 2 minutes and some change I would be going oom. I sometimes just stood in front of him to take more dmg.

Same thing with Supremus. I actually pulled threat off the MT to get a good head start on threat.
_________________
Sarkan-ZdC
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:11 am
Yes, you're right.

But how about this, if my dual spec is tank + heal and we are at a dps fight with one tank needed and due to the other one having fast superior gear he tanks.

I have to do dps with my prot spec, then it is interresting.

I'm STILL not sure which off-spec to choose though. Ret is fun. Heal is often needed more then plain damage.
Belarkan
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:26 am
On top of sacrifice, you have seal of blood (for alliance) so you may gain some mana back through it.
DeadMilliken
Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:18 am
Last night I personally was on a very long multi tank fight (city bosses, yay!)

IF there is more than one target in HotR range:
I maintained a 100% rotational cycle with Seal of Wisdom.

IF there is only on target:
Slow down on consecration, when low on mana apply seal of wisdom, build up, then switch to your normal seal and add back in consecration as needed.

HotR and Judgement should always been in your rotation. If one of them is not you need to have seal of wisdom up long enough to build back up mana.

Optionals depending on mana:
Avenger's Shield, Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath, Holy Wrath
Embher
Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:14 am
Ok, I was testing with seal of wis and judgemetn earlier. Judgements do about same dmg now right.

Seal is like 10% of our threat among, hotR, judgemetn, holy shield, consecration, but consecration is a mana hog.
ShoR will be a huge threat portion of our spells, and we get it at 75, but
Before we get Divine plea at level 71 and ShoR at 75, assuming seal if 10% and holy shield another 15%, consecration, maybe our threat is 75% of it normally. hmmm hand of sacrificeon main tank is really good idea to get mana from healing and it doesnt add any more overall dmg in to the raid, and does not cause healers to heal in greater amounts, compared to purposely taking dmg.

With divine plea, it will get easier, and at 75, Shor is so great on mana efficiency , that I see using ShoR, HotR, judgement being like 90% of threat of normal rotation. Normal rotation would have limited consecration anyway, because the cds on this spells are short.
_________________