Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mitigation Comparisons – 4 tanks

Deathwing
Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:05 am
Are you sure they'll be the preferred tank even when starting naxx? One thing your metrics don't show is average incoming dps. Bears will be sucking down a lot of mana (about equal to pallies/warriors in naxx25, gets much worse after that). And supposedly mana conservation will the name of the game in Wrath.

Also, how many encounters will the tank be in true danger of being splatted at any moment? I've gotten the impression from blue posts that spike damage has been toned down.
Deathwing
Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:15 pm
Seryph,

I think there was a discussion on EJ about a week ago. The healing on DS might not cause any threat. Also, can you post how you got those healing numbers? Not doubting you, just don't know how death strike works.
Mica
Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:26 pm
Could do some ingame tests and actually find out whether healing from DS does cause threat. The ingame API is 100% accurate in regards to threat gained.
Sëryph
Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:35 pm
Added Calculations for Death Strike use.

Excel 2007

Open office Calc


I posted all the numbers not sure what else you want? The only thing that I guess isn't implicit is the healing which is; 200% of damage for 2 diseases, 250% of damage for 3 diseases, and 300% of damage for 4 diseases.


I'm not in beta or I would test the threat but honestly even if the healing part doesn't cause threat DS looks like its worth using if you look at these numbers.
_________________
Seryph 70 Palladin
Aablaine 70 Druid
Tantlin Soon To Be Death Knight
Deathwing
Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:09 am
That's what I meant, healing percentage per disease(1+.5). Couple things to note, you applied the DS glyph twice, once to damage and then again to healing. Also, Black Ice no longer affects shadow damage.

I thought the threat multiplier was ~2.08.
Deathwing
Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:45 am
That's going to be a tough one to figure out(just from reading it). 96% healing boost from one glyph would be pretty big.

As for a rotation to maintain max rp, you don't have to use all your rp just because you have some. In single target situations, I would use rune strike whenever up, and in AE situations, unholy blight. That's it, no other RP abilities. The loss of threat should be compensated by the healing threat(if DS's healing causes threat). You get into a gray area with overhealing, though.