Skip to content
Maintankadin

AoE farming in WotLK

Guillex
Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:11 pm
Oh yeah, forgot that part.

I have a full stack and another of 13 pieces of cloth from 'em. Plus a few greens.
_________________
Official thread killer

EvilNuff
Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:45 pm
AoE grinding is fun to do but I have found Ret to be FAR superior for levelling. In my experience (only 77 in beta) its about 50% faster as Ret. Oh and as for not eating or drinking...I haven't eaten or drunk anything since level 74 (which was a previous build). We are seriously overpowered in beta, heh.
Neuron
Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:49 pm
As much as I am a die hard aoe grinding fan, you really should try leveling as ret for a bit. Insane damage and decent mana regen and just plain fun. Stuff dies so fast it is like running around as a wrecking ball and the only thing slowing you down is travel time and whether you can still keep your eyes open.

I did end up leveling as prot, purely for the purpose of testing leveling as prot. I did most of this however with the 312% sotr and so I can't really say what it is like now (feels ALOT slower).
_________________
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Paladei
Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:12 pm
How is lack of downtime any different from Affliction grinding as a Lock? It's been possible before... I hope it stays this way though. I hate running into certain areas in live and having difficulty (either due to walking casters, etc.).

Certain scenarios feel damn near impossible from time to time, but that could just be because I'm used to AFK grinding and don't like to pay attention... lol.
_________________
Kathane
Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:31 pm
Ras,

They're kinda touchy Wink I've found they work best as long as they're being kept on a regular spawn timer, by folks doing the quest. It seemed if they single-popped, the mobs would not be lootable.

I tended to hang in the back of that cave section, away from the titan. Throw a shield, they'd all come running. Obviously not going to work for you as ret.
_________________
"What's the kill order?"
"This room, the next room, the hallway, and then the boss."
*throws shield*

Tats
Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:18 pm
any more info about this spot in HF? are the dwarves just supposed to be standing there, or are the waves triggered by something?