Also, while I'm nitpicking, I can't seem to find the doubled block value portion of shield block anywhere. On the other hand, I'm not good with spreadsheets _________________ Tankadin since before it was a good idea
Just wanted to say, I fully expected to come into this thread and see nothing but angry arguing about who's the best tank etc, and instead I saw one of the most useful and informative threads I've seen in weeks.
Just to throw another ratchet into the mix, I think modus discovered the following values which I used in my simulator:
Normal Block 1.3
Crit Block 2.6
Shield Block 2.3
Crit Shield Block 4.6
Kind of unintuitive. _________________ Tankadin since before it was a good idea
All classes are using the paladins defense to calculate dodge.
Could you explain to me how exactly paladins and warriors have the same dodge when warriors have 349 dodge rating and pallies have 283, and both have equal agility? I know paladins gain more dodge from agility but is that really that high?
dwarftank
Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:15 am
Great post, thanks. Interesting enough to get me to register finally.
I can't view the spreadsheet atm so would like to ask about a few points.
Does the model include Ardent Defender?
Is there a paladin libram and druid idol you could add to the model to balance the inclusion of the warrior ranged slot? It seems we should either include the gains from the possible extra item for all classes or for none, in terms of accuracy.
And lastly, could you start the Y-axis on all graphs at zero, so as not to exaggerate the visual difference in the relative space between the plot for each class.
Great post though, looking forward to seeing updates of the graphs as minor updates are made to the model.