Skip to content
Maintankadin

New librams!

Ankiseth
Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:08 am
Fiorina, I love your sig with regards to this thread.

Snake - We can only hope it's a placeholder and we get something nice and shiny by 80 :<
Snake-Aes
Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:12 am
Eh, I'm tired of optimism. When GC said we are "closely tied", they either used something we have no idea about, or they think "7 to 10%" is a reasonable difference, when it's not. Players don't care about 2%. They do care a fucking hell of a lot about 10%. No one wants to be the second-rate because that's "Close Enough". I'm leaving this thread here. Mood is going bad and I don't need to go all emo on this.
_________________
[¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯]
¯¯][WALL][¯OF¯][TEXT][¯¯
[¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯]
Spankadin in development and No. 1 Fanboy of a person whose name is a mistery!
Richter
Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:39 am
What is needed is equalization.

Imagine you go to the movies, you pay the same 15$ bucks just like the guys in the first row, but you get told to sit in the last seat and be fine with it because its closer to the damn fire exit.

Thats how blizz is propaby thinking of our tanking abilities, especially reagarding AD.
_________________
uke
Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:51 am
Dang, I think we need to nominate this thread as emo thread of the week.

It's like a green light for everyone to let out all their years of angst out in one thread.

No, this post isn't very constructive. But then neither are the other 95% of "my life sucks" posts in this thread that have nothing to do with the topic.

I think some folks need a hug.
Morendin
Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:56 am
Gentlemen, please, take a deep breath and a second look at that list

1) 6 versions of each PVP libram, all with different stats, 3 with arena season prefixes, 3 with placeholder names.

2) Judgement of Command is NOT 'judging with command sealed' when those words are on a WotLK item, it means "I'm a placeholder".

exhibit A: badge JoC libram does nothing on beta/ptr
exhibit B: SoC+Haste proc= WTF(also, even if its PPM scale with haste now, CS+DS procing seals makes haste pretty bad unless they do more with it)


it's clearly just a rebuild of the current ret badge libram.

3) to everyone comparing stat budgets on the 'new mother libram'...a few builds ago, they created about 5-10 different named librams, all of them were the mother libram. placeholder stats are placeholders.
If they create a BV Libram(and I hope they do) it will NOT be 185/5s, even a lazy-ass mother clone would be scaled to 3-500 BV.

Placeholder gear is a placeholder
snowwight
Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:18 am
Before this patch, every libram in the game was the same as the mother one. In other words, it was a placeholder then, it's probably still a placeholder now. They probably just haven't gotten to prot librams yet, hopefully because we're still terribly unfinished.
_________________
Tankadin since before it was a good idea
Rhî
Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:44 am
Only read first page and maybe it was discussed somewhere between page 2 and here, but what you think about:

Melathys
Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 am
omg, they nerfed http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=27983

I had intended to use this as my tanking libram for the threat...on PTR it is now... "causes your judgements to heal you for 41 to 49"

So now I'm trying to figure out what I might use.

I'm thinking http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=27484 maybe. but probably not.

or http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=33937 to help with the crit immunity (I figure get the judgement one since we can lower the timer on it to closer match 6sec buff)

that leaves http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=27917 which has always been good for massive aoe

or http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=33504 but with SoV buffed, idk. with this libram, would SoR take over for more threat? wtbtheorycrafting.
_________________