Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tank Homogenization

Erendis
Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:30 pm
Wow, I can't believe you keep bringing up RoS phase 2. That's like saying we need a spell steal because we can't tank Krosh Firehand. Gimmick fight is a Gimmick Fight.

Erendis
Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:47 pm
Well said Fuzzygeek.
_________________

Knaughty
Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:13 pm
I love the idea of "similar but different". I'm very fond of the vast majority of the changes so far.

The issue is that we are "slight worse" at basically everything.

• Slightly less health
• Slightly less avoidance (bad itemisation)
• Substantially worse block mechanics (Shield Block >>>>> Holy Shield for MT duty)
• Slightly worse itemisation (weapon issues, Librams suck).
• Much smaller toolkit (even with bubblewall and thunderjudge)
• Least useful tank when not tanking of all 4 classes.

The only thing we're substantially better at is tanking more than 4 things at once. Make 8 at once if the warrior blows a glyph. And a DK will AE tank trash just fine, and can DPS when not tanking, and can tank casters great. And to be blunt... I don't care about tanking large trash waves. Worth remembering that the first few guilds through MH didn't use prot pallies.

Still hopeful it will be fixed. GC saying "Yeah, we can always give you 5% extra base parry for free if we have to" is promising.
_________________
Invisusira is mean and horrible! *plots kitten theft*