Skip to content
Maintankadin

Anyone else feel a little disappointed at blizzard?

Scrawn
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:36 am
Are you actually arguing over 1% mitigation difference? 1%... if my raid leader (which he wont, because its me) says I couldn't tank because the warr takes 1% less damage than me I'd find a new guild. If you wouldn't leave your guild argue that your IQ is at least 10% higher than your fellow warrior, and that easily makes up the 1% mitigation gap.

The 1% difference is probably covered by Argent Defender anyway, depending on the situation. WWS logs will prove or disprove, we will just have to wait and see i guess, although proving a 1% difference I imagine is nigh impossible when calculating possible errors and variances.

AOE mitigation, pfft, if this really ended up mattering, other classes can provide the same TClap style debuff while your tanking. Ive never had trouble with DPS not being able to start early, by the time conc has ticked like 3 times DPS can usually start.

The only thing that annoys me at face value is the HP difference. GC states that a 1k health delta is insignificant. We will have to see.

In terms or active tanking, I agree to an extent, but am not that bothered, we have a pretty active set rotation with no free GCD, choices you make have to sub out a threat move.

variations you will have during tanking to make things interesting:

Taunting
Using our backup tauntish effect (HoP)
Putting AS in your rotation every 30S
Putting HoW in your rotation
Popping our Shield wall
Knowing when to use LoH in a clutch situation
Using HoSac HoSalv (arguable can be done by another pally but we still have this choice in 5/10 man)
Exo (UD)
HolyWatch (UD)
_________________


Blue Rage™
Worldie
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:37 am
I'm not going to say "read the stickies".

I'm going to say "read the announcements".


QQ closed, enjoy Hammer Time.
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time