Skip to content
Maintankadin

"Tanking in Wrath of the Lich King" -- blue post

Trammel
Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:46 am
Very nice post with lot's of view points. I would like to share my small piece of the game. Started playing 2 months prior to TBC and chose a tauren warrior. Leveled 70 mostly protection tree. Joined a +21 guild and was OT/MT all the way up to Lurker. Shelved my warrior to heal and have been doing so now into Hyjal. (priest alt now main)

Seeing how important a tankadin was and is for the trash and gimmick boss fights (solarian). I decided to level a paladin. He is 64 atm and I am having an absolute blast. To be perfectly honest, I am looking forward to raiding once again with my old tank brothren in the raid.

To me MT isn't everything but each person has their own opinion. Being prepared for the new 25 mans by having a tank of each class should allow us to be well prepared.

Many thanks to this board in the inspirations it has given me Wink
Nakama
Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:28 pm
MTing in a group of Death Knights is fun, by the way. Definitely completely different as a Frost spec DK versus being a protection Pally. Either way, however, 5 plate wearers kicking some ass is ridiculously fun and fast so far.

--Jed
_________________
Ranluka
Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:39 am
All the new threat tools are awesome, as is our new Thunderclap debuff, but am I the only one who fears the "damage taken" arguement?

We're getting a Shield Wall, but the Warrior one will do 10% more, and RF is still just 6% to their 10%. Lay of Hands vs Last Stand... thats a toss up in my eyes. AD s nice, but Generally doesn't come into play for Boss fights. (I installed that mod last week, I've discovered in the corse of a raid week it's saved me once, on trash. The rest of the time, if its going off, I'm going to die anyways.)

Threat is easy to balance via threat meter. It doesn't need to be balanced one abiltiy at a time. But Surviveability... theres alot more factors involved. I really wish they'd go item by item and equalized it. But they don't seem to want too.
Brand
Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:50 am
Content addressed in a different thread, thusly it is erased.
_________________
Ajx
Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:05 pm
I appologize if some of what I say has already been mentioned.

I've been dorking aroundon PTR, and you guys should really check it out.. A couple things I have noticed:

Sevrinax
Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:28 pm
Great post Ajx.

I like to read some positives occasionally Smile

And yeah, the insta-cast AS will be godly.
_________________
Sevrinax - 65 Prot Pally - Nagrand